I have never had "spasms"

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

I have never had "spasms"

Postby AnonymousAnus » 04 Nov 2014, 16:38

I have a really bad fissure. It keeps coming back because I can't stop scratching it. For the past few days it has been gushing mucus. It just keeps coming and coming. I'm trying to schedule the surgery as soon as possible. I've been doing a lot of reading and I keep seeing "spasms". I have never felt my anus spasming. Is that a good thing?
AnonymousAnus
Fibre Addict

Topics: 2

Re: I have never had "spasms"

Postby Mommaof1 » 04 Nov 2014, 17:48

Yes. Count your blessings. The spasms I had lasted HOURS ON END.
Mommaof1
Salt Bather

Topics: 9

Postby Savaici » 04 Nov 2014, 17:56

It would be better for you if you were to continue writing on your original post, as it was suggested to you (as you thought you had pin worms) to see a dermatologist. I don't know what type of surgery you are scheduling as from the descriptions you have given it does not sound like a fissure.

If you have an anal fissure, it is not spasming of the anus, rather of the involuntary internal spincter. Think the pain of a cramp in the calf that wakes you in the night and you have the spasms in a nutshell. And they can last for hours.

If you are experiencing mucus and terrible itching it sounds like you possibly have a fungal infection, but just at a guess. You need to see someone who can test for this, either your GP or a dermatologist. If you have been diagnosed with a fissure, then see a CRS (Colon and Rectal Surgeon). They are the best to make the diagnosis for a fissure.
Savaici
Administrator

Topics: 222

Postby chachacha » 19 Dec 2014, 22:25

I have a very bad fissure too, and the pain is beyond fierce. I would never call it a spasm though - it just burns like I have a tennis ball wedged in my bum hole, and it's on fire!
Fissure since about 2007
Fissure diagnosed in 2011
Diltiazem for two years - didn't work well
LIS January, 2015
Hemorrhoidectomy December, 2017
chachacha

Topics: 19