Some bleeding but less pain?

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Some bleeding but less pain?

Postby laura.nexium » 29 Dec 2014, 11:33

I have had an AF for about a week now and have been using anusol cream and warm sitz baths, along with fiber supplements. My pain has decreased but I keep having very minor amounts of rectal bleeding (tiny streaks on TP). My question is, is this normal? If there's bleeding, is it possible I'm taking too much fiber (I did have a very long poo and then the bleeding happened). Does it mean I'm not healing properly? The pain has been decreasing but the bleeding is scaring me...
laura.nexium

Topics: 1

Re: Some bleeding but less pain?

Postby Panda09 » 29 Dec 2014, 13:25

i am in the same boat. taking sitz baths daily with 2x Laxopeg and Diltiazem. infact i did not bleed today but found it more painful than the other day :o . as of today i have started with vit E supplements. i also apply coconut oil atleast once per day. i have only started my treatment from last tuesday but can feel the difference now.

i think my pain is manageable now because of Laxopeg (polyethylene glycol 3350) dosage as it's made my stools much softer and easier to evacuate. my suggestion for you would be to try Miralax / Laxopeg sachets because fiber may not always soften the stools as much. you can make up for fiber by eating fruit potions everyday. raisins and apricots should also help.

keep us posted.
Panda09
Fibre Addict

Topics: 1