burning still

still dealing with this thing!

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

burning still

Postby jlm1 » 09 Jan 2015, 09:31

Hi all!

Thanks for all your posts, it's so helpful to hear what others are going through and different suggestions. It is also good to just have a place to talk about this with people who understand!
Just wanted to check in and share what has been going on. I got my fissure in June and had botox in July after using the various ointments that didn't cure it. The botox seemed to work for me but I had some other unfortunate complications. I developed an abscess in the area and then a fistula. So in October I had a simple fistula surgery which basically involved the doctor cutting a small part of the fissure open so that it could heal properly. (from the inside out instead of outside in)
Since then I am definitely better but it is very slooooooowwwwww.
I still have burning inside sometimes. No pain during a BM but burning during the day and it can get pretty bad. I am able to go to work but it's very disruptive and juts quite depressing and distracting :( Nothing compared to active fissure pain but still not all better.
I saw the CRS about a month ago and she said I am healed. That's great but I don't feel fully healed. She said that the pain I was experiencing sounded like neuropathic pain.
I have also recently started physical therapy for tailbone discomfort, which is a whole other issue. But the therapist told me that it is all connected and that when nerves are re awakened after damage, there can be burning.
I have already obsessively googled all I can on burning in the area, fissures, fistulas, etc. It seems that this just takes a very long time to fully heal.
Does anyone relate? Or have you gone through something similar? I'm so afraid that this is it.....I will just have to deal with this forever. sigh....I know things can be worse but it's hard to stay positive....
fissure May 2014
nitro, diltiazem
botox July
fistula surgery, piece of skin tag removed Oct
fissure declared healed Dec
currently have burning/pain-told it is nerve pain
physical therapy, sitz baths, valium suppositories
hoping I am healing
jlm1
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 22

Re: burning still

Postby Deleted User 4015 » 09 Jan 2015, 15:34

I am not hurting when doing BM but 10-20 sec after it starts to burn pretty bad. It lasts for some minutes then it is just like a pressaure pain that can last all day and evening. Is it the acid in the BM that causes the burning? I try to put a tick layer of ointment on before but it do not help.

I cant go with this pain the rest of my life. Then it is better to just die and thats what i am going to tell them at the hospital in 13 days. And i don't give a F**k anymore. Since i got UC 9 years ago my life has been pretty bad, and now it is enough.
Deleted User 4015

Postby owmybum » 09 Jan 2015, 17:19

Yes, I get burning all day long from a fissure that looks healed to me. I also developed coccyx pain after Botox. I had scans to see what could be causing it, but nothing was found. It took a good 8 months to a year for the coccyx pain to go.

My burning pain can get pretty bad...... I am going to see my crs next week, so hopefully he can shed some light on it.

Maybe it's just a case of more time............ Ugh.
fissure after hem banding and tag removal feb 11
Pelvic floor therapy
Diltiazem
Botox June 13
Nitro
Internal flap July 14
EUA and polyps removed Nov 14
Diagnosed with neuropathy Jan 15
Diagnosed with HS EDS type 3 (causes poor wound healing )
owmybum

Topics: 42
Mood: UGH !

Postby jlm1 » 09 Jan 2015, 18:17

Thanks for your replies. I'm not happy that others are suffering but it makes me feel a lot less alone. This thing has got me pretty down at different points since it started in June. I know I have to stay positive but it is hard and frustrating. I'm beginning to think of my life as, "before the fissure" and "since the fissure". I'm thankful this isn't life threatening and I'm sure that someone with a more serious condition would trade with me.....but this pain can drive one crazy. Anyway, thanks fort sharing.

Hurtlikehell: I'm so sorry to hear the horrible time you have been through. I guess it could be the acid in the bm! I never thought about that before but it makes sense. Hang in there!!

owmybum: so I guess burning may be normal. ugh is right....

My physical therapist told me again today that when nerves are damaged or start to reawaken, this can cause burning so maybe that is what is happening with you too? Maybe PT would help you or have you already tried that?
In any case, I do hope you get some more answers. Hopefully in time we will all be better!!
fissure May 2014
nitro, diltiazem
botox July
hoping I am healing
jlm1
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby jlm1 » 09 Jan 2015, 18:17

oh now I see that you have had pelvic floor therapy!
fissure May 2014
nitro, diltiazem
botox July
hoping I am healing
jlm1
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby jlm1 » 11 Jan 2015, 14:04

owmybum, good luck with your appointment next week! I do hope that your get some relief. Let me know that the doctor says, I'm curious.
I'm going to give it till Friday and then see my CRS again. The pain is not as bad as an active fissure but it's enough to be worrisome and very disruptive. I don't know how I will make it through work this week and I have a two year old to care for.
UGH!!!
fissure May 2014
nitro, diltiazem
botox July
hoping I am healing
jlm1
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Fissurefrustration » 03 Mar 2015, 12:03

JLM I have this burning after bm too - and I'm apparently healed and I don't have any more blood on BM. This gives me great hope that hopefully my nerves are just repairing themselves and it will be better soon!!! (they are taking their sweet sweet time) is there anything your physio suggested to speed things up?

J x
Suffering since June 2013

Methods tried:
GTN cream - migraines!
Manuka Honey / Coconut oil / Aloe
tag excision X 2, botox x 3
Dilatiazem
dilatation 2 X daily + Retin-C Vitamin Scar Treatment Oil 2 X daily - best thing ever.
Now pain free 2/7/21
Fissurefrustration

Topics: 56

Postby jlm1 » 11 Mar 2015, 21:22

Sorry I just saw this! The physical therapist says that strengthening the area should help with the burning....seems to be a slow, slow process! I am getting better but it's so so sloooooow......
I still have burning but talk myself through it
fissure May 2014
nitro, diltiazem
botox July
hoping I am healing
jlm1
Proctosphincteranalogist