Question about tests

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Re: Question about tests

Postby Pamplemousse » 20 May 2015, 02:53

Thanks, Canadabum! I like to feel in control so the thought of laxatives is scary to me as I will not really be in control of my body. The actual procedure is scary for me because again, I will not feel in control of my body. Plus I am worried about the scope causing me damage and making things worse. I am undecided on the sedative! It would be nice not to be overly aware of the procedure, but then being out of it might add to my sense of not being in control. And obviously the recovery time is longer.

Anyway, I have taken my first sachet of picolax this morning (just over an hour ago) and am now waiting for it to kick in! Hopefully it won't be too bad!
Pamplemousse
Salt Bather

Topics: 11

Postby Pamplemousse » 20 May 2015, 13:23

Um... so I've taken both laxatives now and have had just ONE very normal BM. I was expecting things to be more dramatic! I'm concerned it hasn't worked properly because it was supposed to give me frequent, loose BMs. I went to the toilet about four hours after the first dose. It has now been around five hours since the second dose and my stomach is incredibly bloated and crampy, but I do not need the toilet. What is going on?!

I am also sooooooo hungry having only had one slice of toast, some boiled potatoes and a couple of yoghurts. I'm not allowed any more solid food now but am going to make myself some nice stock vegetable gravy soon (yum! :roll: ) I will be so glad when this is all over but I am worried they will cancel it because the bowel preparation hasn't worked properly.
Pamplemousse
Salt Bather

Postby Pamplemousse » 20 May 2015, 14:12

Spoke to soon! They are working!!!!
Pamplemousse
Salt Bather

Postby Scientist2516 » 21 May 2015, 15:57

That is great, Pamplemousse.
I'm sorry, but your last post made me laugh. I imagined you getting a panicky look "It's working!!!!!" as you dash to the toilet. Been there, done that!

It must be over by now. How did it go? Did you get any useful results from the test?
Nifedipine/lidocaine, no help
Diltiazem, effective, but caused major rash
Nitroglycerine, effective.
Topical estrogen for final healing.
Gentle heat to bottom - pain relief, muscle relaxant
Kondremul mineral oil
Time - lots of time.
Status - Healed!
Scientist2516

Topics: 16