New here...so many butt questions...

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

New here...so many butt questions...

Postby bumbumsong » 14 Jun 2015, 23:21

Hello all!

I've had fissures off and on, but I have a new one that's really a pain! It is at 7 o clock if you were looking at my anus like a clock (ah, the magic lol).

I can't use nitroglycerin since I have chronic migraines and all. I have been using ac3 cream on it (basically aloe), aloe gel, zinc oxide, scheriproct, xlyocaine 2%, and that's about it.

I take lactulose for stool softner but I still am having issues with straining. My anus tenses up with pain so it's like just push out the poop to avoid the pain, and I know I shouldn't be doing that. RIIIIP and there's blood on the baby wipe! Ugh! It'll not bleed for a day or two and then bleed again.

I have extreme food allergies as well as IBS so it's complicated for me. My husband wanted to go sugar free so he's been eating bananas, and I've been having like 3 a day. Green in the bananas...:/. I read on here they're bad and I feel they've been bothering me and giving me hard stool. I've been avoiding most of my food allergies except wheat since I feel bad and wheat food is quick (but bad for me!).

Time for hubby to eat his bananas and I can find something else I guess. I am allergic to most nuts and since I live in Finland, we don't have a good selection up here of different things to try really.

I'd appreciate any tips or help!

Thanks!

Kat
bumbumsong
Salt Bather

Topics: 12

Re: New here...so many butt questions...

Postby hurtinend » 14 Jun 2015, 23:50

For straining, I recommend you start squatting when you go to the loo, you can get the squatty potty from Amazon. Read up on squatting when pooping, it's very interesting and it makes a lot of sense

No idea on the bananas, lol
hurtinend
King Fissure

Topics: 52

Postby msimon » 15 Jun 2015, 02:25

Hi Kat. I believe bananas are given for diarrhea so it's not surprising that it would firm up your stool. My Mom always tells me to eat pears as they are gentle but high in fibre. I eat apples but maybe the skin can be problematic....

Do you have access to a stool softener called Miralax/Movicol/Lax a day (different names depending on the Country). Many on here swear by it (as well as myself) for being able to consistently soften the stool.

Are you able to use or have access to another fissure ointment (such as Nifedipine or Diltiazem)? I believe these are less likely to cause a headache. Heat is also one of the best muscle relaxants. Have you tried daily warm baths or applied heat through a heating pad or hot water bottle? This also increases blood flow and promotes healing.
Dec '13 Fissure from anoscope
3 X internal sphincter botox
'08-'15 Botox for pelvic floor dysfunction
Nov '14 LIS/sentinel tag removal
Feb '15 Deroofing of recurrent infection from LIS
summer '15-healed but still ongoing muscle dysfunction/pain
msimon

Topics: 64

Postby bumbumsong » 15 Jun 2015, 04:23

hurtinend wrote:For straining, I recommend you start squatting when you go to the loo, you can get the squatty potty from Amazon. Read up on squatting when pooping, it's very interesting and it makes a lot of sense

No idea on the bananas, lol

Thanks! I use a smaller stool but I don't quite thing it does the "lifting" up enough. I need my legs apart and they are too close together when I use the loo.

Thanks! :D

Kat
bumbumsong
Salt Bather

Postby bumbumsong » 15 Jun 2015, 04:27

msimon wrote:Hi Kat. I believe bananas are given for diarrhea so it's not surprising that it would firm up your stool. My Mom always tells me to eat pears as they are gentle but high in fibre. I eat apples but maybe the skin can be problematic....

Do you have access to a stool softener called Miralax/Movicol/Lax a day (different names depending on the Country). Many on here swear by it (as well as myself) for being able to consistently soften the stool.

Are you able to use or have access to another fissure ointment (such as Nifedipine or Diltiazem)? I believe these are less likely to cause a headache. Heat is also one of the best muscle relaxants. Have you tried daily warm baths or applied heat through a heating pad or hot water bottle? This also increases blood flow and promotes healing.

Thanks! I should cut out bananas then. I love them but alas, we must part for the sake of my rear lol.

I think we do have something like that. I went to the doctor today (fed up with the pain) and I was given a fiber laxative and told to use xylocaine for the pain today.

Nope :( I asked and the doctor said all we have is nitroglycerin. It's okay though, hopefully the stuff works (I use aloe too) all together and will heal. She said the main thing is to get my stool softer.

Thanks! The heating pad is a good idea, we don't have bathtubs in most Finnish homes (our house is old and they went out of style in 1980s) so that's a great idea!

Thanks! :)

Kat
bumbumsong
Salt Bather