Cannabis and more

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Cannabis and more

Postby 0d1nsrevenge » 08 Jul 2015, 00:19

I joined this forum 10 days ago or so because I knew I needed support through this pain. I am not totally savvy with the website yet, I apologize, but I do want to thank all of those who responded to my last post.

I have had 5 days now (yes only 5..but it's a start) of bowel movements without screaming in excruciating pain.

I am praying I am on the road to recovery, though staying present and knowing that I could have a tear that would cause the problem all over again.

I want to share a few things that I think are helping: (in addition to diet and water that is)

1) Fiber Gummies - I have tried all kinds of different fiber supplements and I've found that the fiber gummies bought at target are doing the trick in keeping the stool soft.

2) Cannabis cream - I purchased a cannabis cream when I was visiting my parents in colorado and thought I would give it a try. It is a CBD cream (won't get you high) of a very reputable, third party tested brand. I'll let you peruse the useful info on the healing aspects of cannabis especially the cannabinoid CBD and if you are interested in this subject, I can definitely answer questions and point you in the direction of more information. The pain relief after a BM is almost instant and I really think that the anti-inflammatory properties are helping as well as relaxing the sphincter. This might be what has caused the healing process to expedite. This cream can be sold to kids because it contains no THC, but if you don't live in a medical state you unfortunately might not be able to get it.

3) Essential oils mixed with coconut oil - I have a friend who is DoTerra nut. And while I can't buy into the multi level marketing, she made a concoction for me with utter belief that it would work, and hey- maybe it is. It is certainly refreshing after a BM. If anyone is interested in the ingredients, let me know and I will share.

Hope all who are seeking relief are finding it bit by bit...
0d1nsrevenge
Fibre Addict

Topics: 2

Re: Cannabis and more

Postby Scientist2516 » 08 Jul 2015, 14:26

Very interesting post, 0d1nsrevenge.
I did consider trying cannabis (not legal where I live) but somebody else on the forum said it didn't help their pain so I never did try it. That would have been smoking though. I was thinking of it as a muscle relaxant but there was no evidence it works like that. I'm very interested to hear about cannabis as a topical pain relief.
Nifedipine/lidocaine, no help
Diltiazem, effective, but caused major rash
Nitroglycerine, effective.
Topical estrogen for final healing.
Gentle heat to bottom - pain relief, muscle relaxant
Kondremul mineral oil
Time - lots of time.
Status - Healed!
Scientist2516

Topics: 16

Postby hurtinend » 08 Jul 2015, 19:58

Yes I am very interested in the Cannabis Cream
Smoked a bit of Cannabis in the past and will never touch it again. Good for some but not for me. Made me scared, paranoid and I just wanted the feeling to end.
hurtinend
King Fissure

Topics: 52

Postby Savaici » 08 Jul 2015, 20:59

My sensation too, hurtinend. Scared and paranoid and thought I was dying. Never again.

I would try the cream but can just see my doctor's face if I suggested it. "You want to use it where?!".
Savaici
Administrator

Topics: 222

Postby 0d1nsrevenge » 08 Jul 2015, 22:22

Well- just a quick reply for all. I'll try to grab some well informed articles to share when I get a chance. But I do want to clarify that the cream I used is a CBD cream.
This is a particular cans impish in cannabis that has the pain relieving, anti inflammatory properties - NOT the psychotropic ones.
There is not enough (perhaps none) THC in this cream so you do not feel the effects, even if you were to smoke or ingest this particular strain of cannabis.
I am still breastfeeding so I had to make sure what I was using was safe. This is a pediatric formula. You may have heard of the story of Charolette - a little girl plagued with daily seizures who began to use CBD cannabis and her condition has drastically improved, just a Google "charlottes web cannabis story"

Anyway - point being - this stuff SHOULD be available to anyone anywhere .. Sigh, maybe someday.
The company is called Mary's Nutritionals and the product is the CBD gel pen. Might be able to order it, who knows...
If anyone is really interested and can't get this product I would be happy to help.

Had my first pain free BM today. Didn't feel any tear.
Amazing. I'm convinced the cannabis is helping.
0d1nsrevenge
Fibre Addict

Topics: 2

Postby msimon » 09 Jul 2015, 17:36

I have also considered cannibis too for pain relief and recently learned of the difference between cannabinoids and THC. THC gives the psychotropic effects and you can get strains that have varying amounts of this and varying amounts of CDB. I also smoked it when I was young and it made me paranoid too but I think it's worth a try with a smaller % of THC in it. I'm trying to find a Doctor here to prescribe it, my current city isn't as on board with it as my old city was (Vancouver) so we'll see.

Thanks for sharing that info!
Dec '13 Fissure from anoscope
3 X internal sphincter botox
'08-'15 Botox for pelvic floor dysfunction
Nov '14 LIS/sentinel tag removal
Feb '15 Deroofing of recurrent infection from LIS
summer '15-healed but still ongoing muscle dysfunction/pain
msimon

Topics: 64