Diet - what works well?

Advice needed to achieve healthful diet

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Diet - what works well?

Postby daisy001 » 17 Jul 2015, 08:37

I can't figure out what to eat. I would appreciate if others would share diets that have been successful - the more detail the better, as to what you ate for breakfast, snacks, lunch etc and whatever.

Are fiber bars good? Are fiber cereals good? What should I avoid? What should I eat?

I need to get a good diet going to help minimize this painful situation. I am now taking Colace and miralax which seem to help.

Thank you.

Daisy
daisy001
Fibre Addict

Topics: 11

Re: Diet - what works well?

Postby Canadabum » 17 Jul 2015, 14:04

Daisy -- there are some great posts on this site about diet...do a search and you will find many. Because all of our guts are different in terms of their flora and how efficient they are...foods will react differently for all of us. So something that works for me may not work as well for you...you will need to try stuff out and see what works.

In my early acute pain phase i had a saying -- soft in, soft out. During those days I stuck to the following basic meal plan (boring but it seemed to help)

Breakfast -- Smoothie with Fruit, almond milk or coconut water, spinach or kale, almond butter, tablespoon of kefir (if you like)

Snack -- oranges, fruit

Lunch -- Soups...I made tons of chicken soups with lots of veggie in the soup and also some chicken (not a lot for me)..also Minestrone, lentil...whatever you like. Soups are a great way to fill your belly with lots of liquid, get some good fibre, keep it soft and have some protein (chicken, tofu etc)

Dinner -- Salad, Salad, Salad....on top of Salads I would put a piece of fish...the fattier the better!!! I would dress with a very generous portion of olive oil, salt and some apple cider vinegar (natural - with "the mother" so that it is probiotic)

In addition to the above I would take a tablespoon of either flax oil or olive oil at breakfast and dinner, i would stay away from all processed foods and the god send for me was to introduce probiotic foods in to my diet -- like Sauerkraut (natural), Miso Soup, Kimchi, Kombucha, Kefir.

Once I was over the acute pain phase i slowly started to introduce other foods back in to my diet...I am still cautious and will only eat 1 slice of pizza instead of 4 and the like.

I hope this helps a bit...no doubt others will chime in with other great advice.

You are asking the right questions....glad to see you are taking control of this situation....and you will make it better for yourself by doing so.
All best,
Canadabum
Canadabum

Topics: 19