AF just about Healed!! Yay!!

visit to CRS yesterday

Please help others by posting your success story here. Tell us what worked for you, before you move on with your fissure-free life!!

Return to Anal Fissure Success Stories

AF just about Healed!! Yay!!

Postby Jan53 » 20 Aug 2015, 09:37

well feeling well pleased with myself.YEsterday had visit to the CRS who prescribed me Diltiazem cream 6 weeks ago. This is an amazing cream and definitely allows things to healing by relaxing the area. Had internal examination by Doctor and only felt slight discomfort. Doctor said if my fissure wasn't well healed I would have kicked him in the head!!!! Everything he mentioned to keep doing I had already learned from this forum...
The Baths
the fibre
The flaxseed oil
Vit c
More fluids
apricots and prunes
magnesium citrate before bedtime
Keep area spotlessly clean
I must say that on and off to allow healing I fasted for a few days and I think that helped too. Research into fasting shows that when you fast your body goes into healing mode. :afsmile: :poop:
He made the point also to NEVER strain just leave the toilet and come back again when have another urge. I now just tighten up my tummy muscles a little and it comes away quite easily.
My pain is down from a 10 to a 1 and life is so much better. I sympathise so much with all of you it is the most horrendous pain and just takes over your life. Keep at it everyone you can heal this without surgery and if not we'll it's good there is other procedures and surgery if all else fails. :thankyou:
Jan53
Fibre Addict

Topics: 2

Re: AF just about Healed!! Yay!!

Postby owmybum » 21 Aug 2015, 13:34

That's fantastic news! Well done!!

:sunny: :sunny: :unicorn: :%_+:
fissure after hem banding and tag removal feb 11
Pelvic floor therapy
Diltiazem
Botox June 13
Nitro
Internal flap July 14
EUA and polyps removed Nov 14
Diagnosed with neuropathy Jan 15
Diagnosed with HS EDS type 3 (causes poor wound healing )
owmybum

Topics: 42
Mood: UGH !

Postby Mae » 22 Aug 2015, 21:36

That's really great, Jan!! I love hearing success stories.

Hmm... I worked at 12 hour shift today and only ate one meal. I wonder if my body got any healing done in that time lol. Or maybe not, since I was on my feet all day xP

It does take over your life! And the forum is the only safe place to talk about it without people giving you crazy looks, haha.
● Fissure first appeared Nov '14
● Cycle of healing and reappearing
● Using conservative methods (metamucil, managing anxiety)
Mae
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 38

Postby jband » 23 Aug 2015, 10:51

After 10 months my fissure is now also healed. I went to see a surgeon who prescribed the following compounding prescription 30/GM NIFEDIPINE/LIDOCA/HC 0.2. You have to go to a drugstore that does compounding prescriptions.

The surgeon told me to apply the cream twice daily which unfortunately involves sticking your finger up your rectum so that you make sure the cream is on the fissure. It took almost 2 months but my fissure is now healed.

Good Luck
jband

Postby Jan53 » 25 Aug 2015, 15:48

Please keep at the DIltiazem cream folks it really does work. You will have bad days and good days but after 5-6weeks of using it and being careful with diet and cleaning the area you should feel a massive difference.
Jan53
Fibre Addict

Postby anteater » 26 Aug 2015, 00:47

Good to hear Jan53 - I am in week 3 and have noticeable reduction in pain and now sleep not too badly. It would be good to think that this will provide a complete cure.
anteater
Fibre Addict