Alcohol Issues

something always goes wrong.

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Alcohol Issues

Postby Willyboy » 04 Sep 2015, 16:02

Hi people, sadly after a stomach flu and lots of Diarreah i developed a fissure which is giving me a pretty bad time. Went to the doctor 2 weeks ago after all over the counter medicine failed. He gave me this Nytroglycerin ointment and it is working really good. No more blood after BW and pain has gone from 10 to 2 in just 2 weeks, doc told me I could drink a couple of beers or wine moderately if I went out on dinner after a week of applying the ointment, but..

Yesterday I drank 2 beers and this morning I was having lots of pain and some spasm after BM, also there was a very small amount of blood.

Has anyone had this issue? I know alcohol can irritate the fissure but can 2 beers do so much damage?

I really enjoy going out and having couple of drinks once in a while and I just feel desperate that I can't do anything. :gah:

PS: Had the same diet didn't eat nothing spicy nor greasy. And drank my Metamucil after.
Willyboy

Topics: 1

Re: Alcohol Issues

Postby itsjustme » 04 Sep 2015, 20:26

Willyboy, yes alcohol can irritate your stomach and digestive system- however 2 beers probably didn't cause the problem alone... how was your stool otherwise? if you want to have a beer or two every once in a while make sure you drink tons of water before bed... sorry this seemed to have backfired on you... i get it, sometimes it is the only thing i want to do- just to relax, but try and stick to very little... and again lots of water after!
itsjustme
Fibre Addict

Postby Savaici » 04 Sep 2015, 20:43

Welcome to the Forum!

Have a look at this link on here. There may be more; do a search using the topic section on the Search below the photo, between FAQ and Portal!

drinking-alcohol-when-having-a-fissure-t1299.html
Savaici
Administrator

Topics: 222

Postby Willyboy » 09 Sep 2015, 17:51

Thanks for the responses, I think it was something I ate during the day and I sometimes think the spasms are just a natural body reaction for when you are healing. Been doing great since, the nytro ointment is doing marvels for me, this weekend I had a couple of drinks and no problem there, I feel my fissure is almost healed pain is down to 1, no blood and no spasm... I will keep on my good diet and take care of myself until the doc tells me its 100% healed, I really don't want to go back to the nightmare I lived these past 2 months.
Willyboy

Postby itsjustme » 09 Sep 2015, 20:49

very happy for you that you are doing so well!!!
itsjustme
Fibre Addict