Traveling questions

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Traveling questions

Postby Guest » 25 Jul 2007, 09:16

I'm about 6 weeks into an AF. I have not used any pain meds for a few days but still have some soreness and minor pain typically 3-6 hours after a BM. I've been putting off any travel because I have a home office and can work and do treatment at the same time. I have a few questions that I hope folks can give feedback on:
- assuming I'm careful with my diet will traveling present much risk of reinjury, or simply be uncomfortable?
- will putting off a BM until the evening cause me problems? or is it best to stay on schedule knowing no shower or bath after BM?
- after a mid morning BM I work from a counch in the prone position just to reduce pressure. In preparing for the trip and meetings when I'll be sitting should I continue this approach right until the trip or move to working at my desk to see how prepared I really am?
Thanks!

Re: Traveling questions

Postby Deleted User 5 » 25 Jul 2007, 09:45

These are not easy questions...I can only give you my ideas..
- assuming I'm careful with my diet will traveling present much risk of reinjury, or simply be uncomfortable? If you are sitting on your tail applying direct pressure, the kind that hurts, I would avoid that. The pain is a signal that something is wrong, so any prolonged sitting in a painful postion, would, I would think, not be good for the fissure.
- will putting off a BM until the evening cause me problems? or is it best to stay on schedule knowing no shower or bath after BM? One of the main things to always remember with a fissure is never put off going to the bathroom, it will set you up for a reinjury and major pain. Go when you need to go, never hold off.
- after a mid morning BM I work from a counch in the prone position just to reduce pressure. In preparing for the trip and meetings when I'll be sitting should I continue this approach right until the trip or move to working at my desk to see how prepared I really am?If it was me, I would definitely continue that approach.
Deleted User 5

Re: Traveling questions

Postby happyass » 25 Jul 2007, 12:11

you'll be fine travelling.
however you have to pay attention to:
1. what you eat!!!!
2. go to bm when your body tells you to go. unless if you really can't, then that would be the only way not to go. however, if you can, then do.
3. sometimes, sitting on your foot at a table on your chair can help alleviate the pressure on the bum!
happyass
King Fissure

Topics: 74