Trip To The New Surgeon / Rectal Exam Misery / Fistula

OTTAWA

A place to post your experiences with your doctor/surgeon for others searching for a great doctor!

Return to Tell us about your doctor

Trip To The New Surgeon / Rectal Exam Misery / Fistula

Postby Canadahell1 » 16 Jan 2014, 10:43

Went to the new referral yesterday at the Riverside Outpatient Hospital here in Ottawa to see a "Dr. Martin Friedlich".

What a nightmare that was!!. The rectal exam was incomplete and extremely painful. Today am still suffering from that episode! "Bend over the table, drop your pants and kiss your ass good-bye!" with head on floor, blood rushing to my head. I am a very tall male and the exam was incomplete, he was very, very rough with me as I was too sore and too tense for a complete exam. Afterwards wouldn't answer any of my questions and 'Vanished" like the last surgeon did and was told to go home and another appointment would be set up, who knows when? and yes as to reviews I have read about 'Him", he does have a "GOD COMPLEX". Some people say he is good some say he is hellish! I wonder if I need to be "put under for the next examination" as it is too much?

He mentioned from what he could see that I no have a "Fistuila and an anal wart", he could not see the fissure as he was not able to complete the examination at this time. Told me to "double up on the Metamucil twice a day and to rubberglove the Nifidipine / Lidociane on the outside of the anus, not the inside as stated from the previous Surgeon Dr. Barron, I used a q-tip and inserted the cream. Two different surgeons in Ottawa with two different opionions about everything, very frustrating, not getting anywhere...should I look for a third??? the pain and burning continues daily with no results.

Very very frustrating!!!

Thanks
Canadahell1
Salt Bather

Topics: 15

Re: Trip To The New Surgeon / Rectal Exam Misery / Fistula

Postby havefaith » 19 Jan 2014, 00:24

Canadahell, everyone in ottawa is different. Two doctors if found to be really good are dr robin boushey, and dr eric bigelow. Another expert is dr maloo. My mom is a go and recommends all three as the best :) hope this helps.
I have faith in you always, i love you like my own son or daughter, when you hurt, i hurt. Let us all be each others guiding light, and heal without anxiety :) Much love to all.
havefaith
Salt Bather

Topics: 14

Re: Trip To The New Surgeon / Rectal Exam Misery / Fistula

Postby Superfissure » 19 Jan 2014, 03:40

Like some paedo's will try to get a job as school teachers I'm sure some doctors enter the profession to observe and enjoy the pain others are in and possibly to inflict their own. ANd unfortunately if they've been in the profession for along time they can block out the emotional side and treat like a conveyor belt of patients, like farm animals.

Has anyone ever left a hospital or doctors surgery and been given a survey to complete, asking "how was your visit today?". I'm sure they think they're beyond that.

Sorry for your pain and hope you get another appointment soon. If you have to see the same doctor again tell him to be gentle, but hopefully you can find another.

The first doctor I saw about the issue in 2012 was a bit like that. No smiling, man of few words, seemed to be a bit rough considering the pain I was already in then commented "you must be in pain as you saw obvious signs of pain when I checked your prostate". Luckily I've moved locations and the doctor I have seen locally seems a more more of a gentle person and more communicate too and understands more about the problem than my last doctor did.

Here we rarely have a choice of local doctor as it depends on where you live. We have doctors who serve a local area.

Good luck and take care.
Superfissure
Salt Bather

Topics: 4