Up for 25+ hours thanks to spasm...

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Up for 25+ hours thanks to spasm...

Postby TonyStone » 27 Sep 2011, 04:58

Well, just got through another night where I didnt sleep at all, going on 30+ hours awake in a bit...thanks spasm...
TonyStone
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 14

Re: Up for 25+ hours thanks to spasm...

Postby Guest » 27 Sep 2011, 05:07

I'm so sorry Tony. Your spasms sound so much like mine were. That is just horrible! Have you tried the warm baths? I used the heating pad a lot.
I think you are really going to benefit from LIS. Just getting rid of those spasms! Hang in there Tony! Not much longer and you will be getting your surgery.
I wish you could get some valium- just short term. I think it could give you some relief and rest.
I read in your other post you started the Miralax Sunday. Hopefully it will kick in and give you the best results today. Also Tony, some folks have to adjust the dose up or down depending on how it works. I took the capful in the beginning-17g's. Remember to still drink plenty of water.
This will all be over soon and just a bad memory Image

Postby val » 27 Sep 2011, 06:35

Ar, I remember those times well too! As Dawn says - a heating pad would help. I sat on a hot water bottle 24/7, it does help a bit!
Have you got one of the healing creams? Nitro or diltiazem could help you out a bit. I had valium too, as Dawn says, it could help a lot and give you some sleep.
I have been given salbutamol, which is for asthma, that helps relax things too. Anything is worth a try!
Hang in there, the surgery is not far off, and you sound like you really need it!
PS. A quick thought - someone said that codeine helps with spasms - that is an over the counter med that could help? Never tried it, but might be worth a try. It will constipate though - so up the softeners if you try it!
val
King Fissure

Topics: 86

Postby TonyStone » 27 Sep 2011, 13:25

I have Nitro and Nifidipine. Nitro burns so bad I cant use it. I have called my CRS to see if they can do something for me, its still in spasm...argh.... I think in the US codeine is Rx only. Thanks for your advice all, I think I will try a heating pad.
TonyStone
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby val » 27 Sep 2011, 14:23

Do you not have something called co-codamol, or similar? That would be codeine mixed with paracetamol?
I do hope you get some relief soon, those spasms are awful. You could perhaps try massaging the area in a hot bath?
val
King Fissure

Topics: 86

Postby TonyStone » 27 Sep 2011, 17:13

This is what is killing me , it seems no matter what stool softner I try, when I have a BM , I keep waiting for it to say Louisville Slugger on the side. I am going to try to up my veggie/fruit count. I take metamucil, fiber cereal, fiber brownies, tract my grams etc. Argh.
TonyStone
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby dwarfs8 » 28 Sep 2011, 04:54

We all been there. Sitz bath after bms are mandatory and after that try applying aloe Vera, it has anti inflammatory effects, u can try put urs in the fridge before use. Also, try take magnesium, whatever forms there is available nearer to u, they work to a certain extend. Relaxing ur spasms and also helps to keep constipation at bay and keep stools soft as they attract water. Start with 400mg and then work upwards if required. Take it before u slp and not directly after meals as they nd stomach acid to be absorbed. Try lie on ur stomach to allow ur tears to heal without being pressured.
Hang on there, my spasms die down to 70% after a week and I didn't research so much like now, so I only used aloe Vera. If and if u r too much pain, pls go to a&e.
U will survive!
dwarfs8
King Fissure

Topics: 19

Postby dwarfs8 » 28 Sep 2011, 04:59

Pls dun overload on fiber as they only produce too bulky stools that aren't soft enough ESP if we can't drink enough water to compensate the amt of fiber. The docs have no idea and always suggest more and more fiber but we fissures sufferers know better! Just make sure u have a decent portion salad in every meal and also high fiber breads for breakfast will do. Less on meats and rice or flour.
Last edited by dwarfs8 on 28 Sep 2011, 08:03, edited 1 time in total.
dwarfs8
King Fissure

Postby TonyStone » 28 Sep 2011, 05:08

Thanks man, just went through another night with no sleep. Since mon I have had maybe 3 hours napping , no sleep. I feel like I am gonna go nuts.
TonyStone
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby dwarfs8 » 28 Sep 2011, 06:43

tony, when's ur surgery? how long did u have this fissure?
dwarfs8
King Fissure