Update: LIS/Fissurectomy Success

Please help others by posting your success story here. Tell us what worked for you, before you move on with your fissure-free life!!

Return to Anal Fissure Success Stories

Update: LIS/Fissurectomy Success

Postby NoPainFissure » 20 Dec 2016, 09:05

Hey everyone,

I am an 18 year old male and on 15th Dec, 2016 I made a post on this forum (lis-fissurectomy-on-17-12-2016-t11249.html) about my surgery that was on 17th Dec and I thought I should update you post surgery. I know I am a little late but I just got discharged from Hospital yesterday. I was admitted in hospital for 3 days. First was the day of the operation and two days for post op care. They checked my B.P and gave me antibiotics two times a day. They wanted me to have my first post op poop in the hospital. The nurses and staff were just amazing. I shall now describe how each day went.

Day 1: This day was painful.

I was admitted into the hospital with no bowel prep. Doctor arrived at the hospital on 9:00 am and I was the first one as they took me to the Operation Theatre at 9:15 am. It took half an hour and I was done. There was no pain because of the anaesthesia but once it wore off, I had pain of about 5 or 6 but they gave me paracetamol to calm the pain down. Painful but manageable but around 3 or 4 pm there were spasms of about 9. I was in agony. My biggest concern was that I wasn't to allowed to poop until the next morning because of the bandages. I had an urge two or three times to go to the toilet but I was able to control the feeling. One of the nurses said that that's just the feeling of bandages that you feel like pooping out. I was in pain throughout the day but no bowel movement so I took a dulcolax before going to sleep.

Day 2: Things got worse before they got better.

The next day started when I woke up at 4:30 a.m in pain. By 7 a.m, I was in so much pain that I was crying. So they inserted a needle in me. I think it was a nerve blocker and then they removed my bandage and after the removal of the bandage, there was no pain. Seriously, I couldn't stand or pee before but now I was walking and sitting and doing everything without pain. My entire day went without any pain but I still didn't poop throughout the day. There were lots of urges but they all ended up being gas. Before sleeping, I took another Dulcolax. I slept for 8-9 hours at night. It was just such a relief but not pooping made me dread of what was about to come.

Day 3: Release from hospital and the fissure.

I woke up at 7:30 a.m. with no urge to go to the toilet but I ate a few fibre biscuits and took a sitz bath which finally made me poop. It wasn't painful at all. It stung so little that I was surprised. It was a little watery bit not diarrhoea level of watery. I was finally released from the hospital and after reaching home, I had another bowel movement but it was the best bowel movement I've had in a long time. I had another bowel movement at night which again wasn't painful. Everything just slipped right out and I was so relieved. I didn't had much pain during bowel movements pre operation and I've had little to no pain post op.

My post op diet consists of oatmeal in breakfast with a few fibre biscuits and eating a mixture of sliced apples, bananas and papaya before lunch. I continue eating vegetables in lunch. I take a few medicines prescribed by my doctor. Most of them are anti-biotics, pain killers and an anti-inflammation pill. I also take a tbsp. full of stool softener with Sodium Picosulphate. Milk of Magnesia and Mineral oil in it before going to sleep to make sure my stool remains soft. I also take 2-3 sits bath throughout the day not including the ones I take after bowel movement.

In conclusion I'd like to say that I will have the operation again without a second thought (although I wish the need to have this operation again never arises). I had an amazing doctor and amazing caretakers and I thank God for this pleasant experience.
NoPainFissure

Topics: 2