Small Frequent Recurrances

Do you get frequent, mild fissures? Will it every heal fully?

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Small Frequent Recurrances

Postby posertiermadness » 01 Mar 2024, 20:10

Has anyone else experienced this?

Surgeon says the fissure looks like it has healed, but it rarely feels perfect and about once a week I can feel a little tear that takes 2-3 days to feel tolerable again. It is not some free floating “all in my head” nerve pain. It is that recognizable, sharp, papercut-like pain at a very specific site of previous fissure. Perhaps it is within the scar tissue (I am not aware of any blood, but I use a bidet).

I go round and round about every week, which result in scar tissue never fully maturing (i.e., tissue alignment ========)

Sure, I’m limited by it, but I don’t lie around tentatively doing nothing, which would resultant poor maturation of scar tissue (i.e., poor, weak tissue |-/=\\=\/__-/-). Yet, it seems it never fully heals and matures to good strength.

I am doing on yoga, deep breathing, and general calming, tension relief. I remain narrower than the good old days, but during periods of improvement things are relaxed and I can pass a good 1-1.5 inch stool with satisfaction. Other times: "Ting! There is there small tear!"

I guess what I really wanna know… Is there anyone who has experienced this and gotten to the other side of it, full healing? Is it not a fissure anymore and something a bit deeper?
posertiermadness
Fibre Addict

Topics: 5

Re: Small Frequent Recurrances

Postby Rich44 » 06 Mar 2024, 16:48

I have had a few little fissures since my LIS surgery in October 2020 but a quick sitz bath immedately after my BM and the fissure was gone. You can still get small fissures over time, they just don't have to become chronic. For me my fissure healed up a few weeks after the LIS and I haven't looked back. I have no pain, no bleeding, it's back to the BM life as I knew it. And remember I had a bad one for over 6 years. Not sure what else I can tell you.
Fissure June 2014 - Oct 2020
Botox, skin tag removed - Feb 2015
Levator Ani Sep 2014 - Feb 2016 (left job, cured!)
LIS, skin tags removed - Oct 2020
Fissure 100% healed - Nov 2020
Still healed as of April 2024
Rich44
Proctosphincteranalogist

Re: Small Frequent Recurrances

Postby posertiermadness » 13 Mar 2024, 20:28

Your responses have always been encouraging. Thanks. I've been told I don't need LIS b/c not tight, which is true when not active. I've had the somewhat poor luck of seeing the CRS whenever it's not active (told him so, but nothing to say). I was referred for a 2nd opinion from a serious narcissist, who also told me never get another surgery and it was essentially all in my head because there was scar tissue that indicated healing (Of note, ruling out somatoform as opposed to medical cause just happens to be my area of doctoral expertise. I politely left despite wanting to tell him to remove his head from his own a$$). I may have to try private CRS. I think you recommended your person and he told me to just go to someone locally. So, I'm kind of stuck, constantly crossing my fingers that my careful diet, movements, and routine will finally lead to healing.

Maybe I should seek my UK parentage citizenship and try NHS. :dunno:
posertiermadness
Fibre Addict

Topics: 5