Fistulotomy

4 weeks post op

Fistula support sub forum. Are you having, or have you had surgery for a Fistula? Or are you just looking for information? We will help where we can and are here to offer support, member-to-member. Check out our Fistula Success Stories sub-forum too!!

Return to FISTULA - Are you having surgery for a Fistula or already had it?

Fistulotomy

Postby Lw87 » 07 Aug 2019, 21:54

Hooray! I finally got surgery for this awful fistula and it’s a great feeling knowing that the worst is behind me (pun intended). I’m 4 weeks post op and I guess everything is healing properly? I’ve started getting some stinging after bms, but I think it’s because that area is attempting to finally close up and the bm is preventing that from happening. Kind of like a fissure now, I suppose. Only a slight amount of drainage exists at this point, and I really only change my gauze once or twice a day now. Does the stinging pain sound familiar to anyone? I can’t WAIT for the day that I’m not in butt pain anymore. Stay strong, folks!
Lw87
Fibre Addict

Topics: 3

Re: Fistulotomy

Postby North West Jen » 15 Jan 2020, 23:44

It’s been several months since this post and hope that you are 100% healed up by now.
North West Jen
Salt Bather

Topics: 1

Postby Lw87 » 16 Jan 2020, 01:01

Hi, Jen. I appreciate you reaching out. The doctor declared me healed at 4 months, however the area still feels a little weird. I still get some scar irritation and dull aches, but I’m hoping it all goes away by summer. I live in the PNW (I assume you do, too?), and I can’t let those precious months slip away from me! Are you currently recovering from an operation?
Lw87
Fibre Addict

Postby North West Jen » 16 Jan 2020, 09:18

I do! I live in Oregon. I’m scheduled for LIS and fissurectomy on the 27th in Portland.
North West Jen
Salt Bather

Postby Lw87 » 16 Jan 2020, 19:32

I know you’ll get through it. There’s a very good support group on Facebook with a lot of good information. “Hemorrhoid / Fissure Support Group”. Best of luck!
Lw87
Fibre Addict

Postby North West Jen » 28 Jan 2020, 00:16

Thank you for the FB suggestion. I’ll check it out!
North West Jen
Salt Bather