Does anyone know a good Surgeon- SOUTH FLORIDA

Surgeon recomendation in South Florida???

A place to post your experiences with your doctor/surgeon for others searching for a great doctor!

Return to Tell us about your doctor

Does anyone know a good Surgeon- SOUTH FLORIDA

Postby FissureHome » 20 Nov 2013, 14:43

Im debating having the LIS surgery..the colorectal surgeon i went to im not so sure about..he was nice but there terrible about returning calls or answering any of my questions and didnt really inform me very well the first visit he was very quick just told me stool softner,fiber, and gave me dialtiziam and sent me on my way..i didnt realize how hard this is too heal..went for a follow up in a month and he retore my bum..OUCH! back at square 1..i figured id be fine its been 2 months now and has taken over my life..im beginning to breakdown mentally. Thank You in advance for any recomendations..Anyone has a successful surgery in south florida?? im scared of the risk of incontinence im only 29..worried even if i dont have it after 20 years down the road i may start having problems..scary..i also read a story on here a 30 year having leakage issues 9 months later! :( im too young for this! HELP!
FissureHome
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 16

Re: Does anyone know a good Surgeon in S Florida?

Postby Now66 » 02 Dec 2013, 11:04

Sorry there have been no recommendations for south Florida. You may want to shop around yourself for surgeons. I went to three before I found one I trusted for a nasal septum rebuild. I was also quite dissatisfied with the one colorectal surgeon I visited before finding this website. Natural healing with nitro, Miralax, fiber, water, diet, and patience has worked well for me.
Now66
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 15

Postby FissureHome » 02 Dec 2013, 13:24

thanks for the reply NOW66.. yes im hoping to avoid surgery..im doing fiber, colace, magnesium, lots of water and diataziam and im also using wheatgrass spray/cream..i think im healing but its really hard to tell..ill have good days and bad days..and i still cant sit for too long..its been 5 weeks since doc reripped me..i feel like im improving im able to put socks on now and sit a little so i guess it jsut takes really long time to do it natural..Are you completely healed?? No more pain??
FissureHome
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Now66 » 02 Dec 2013, 15:05

FissureHome: Took about 3 months before I thought this might actually work. A few more months to really believe it. It's been a year now - no pain, not even a blood tint on the paper in months. Patience is important as is discipline. It took some experimentation to find what worked well for me and I stick to it. I'm not tempting another fissure.

Look around the site. I don't think colace is great in the long run. I use Miralax. Others seem to prefer magnesium.
Now66
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby FissureHome » 02 Dec 2013, 19:15

why coloace not good in long run? it stops working or something? im using magneiusm as well as colace..
FissureHome
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Now66 » 02 Dec 2013, 19:37

Sorry, I'm no expert on colace and have never used it. Seems like I saw that somewhere on the forum. Better to check the web yourself.
Now66
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby FissureHome » 04 Dec 2013, 08:17

Its working pretty good for me so far..i take one with early lunch..and one with dinner and then a magnesium be4 bed my bowels are always soft..alson fiber gummies..thank you for your input tho tho
FissureHome
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby patkiley3 » 09 Dec 2013, 13:24

I'm not sure what area of S Florida you are in but I had my surgery in SW Florida. I used Dr. Valerie Dyke with the Colorectal Institute in Fort Myers. I was satisfied with my services there. The only issue I did have was she had mentioned removing the big skin tag that had developed down "there" but she ended up not doing it. I never asked why. Anyway, you can contact them at 13770 Plantation Road
Suite 2
Fort Myers, FL 33912
Phone: (239)275-0728

Best of luck!
patkiley3

Postby Fernie1 » 10 Dec 2013, 00:25

You can try to google Dr. Floriano Marchetti...he works with the university of Miami. I didn't have my Lis surgery done by him but I wish I could have....I had had a failed Lis surgery but I think I would of done well if I went to Dr. Marchetti. I saw him months after my surgery because I didn't like the surgeon that performed my Lis
Fernie1
Salt Bather

Topics: 3

Postby FissureHome » 11 Dec 2013, 13:13

Thank patkiley3.
Last edited by FissureHome on 31 Jul 2014, 03:29, edited 1 time in total.
FissureHome
Proctosphincteranalogist