Weird sensation?

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Weird sensation?

Postby small_flower » 10 Apr 2007, 20:48

Hello All,
Sorry. Its been awhile since I have been back here. I am finishing up my student teaching in the next three weeks, and the closer I get to finishing, the more hectic things become.
So anyways...
My question is rather strange.
I have been eating my fiber and trying to drink a lot (though I am somewhat failing) and I have not had a tear that I can report to you all at the moment. Yet, sometimes, it feels like i have a bunch of small cuts down there. I ts happened a couple of times and I don't know the reasoning behind it. Do you think that it is too dry? I dont really know what is going on, but I thought I would run it by you all, to see what you thought.
Thanks again,
kate
small_flower
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 62

Re: Weird sensation?

Postby Deleted User 5 » 11 Apr 2007, 06:52

I'm not sure. I know that for the first month after my surgery, it felt weird down there and of course, itchy. Do you feel the "cuts" all the time, or is it when you bend, have a BM, etc..?
If it concerns you, call your CRS. Mine were always there to answer questions for me and/or return a call. Yours should be.
If it's not painful or interfering with your student teaching, wait a couple days to see if it resolves.
How are your stools? are they "normal" sized, large, skinny, etc...?
Kim
Deleted User 5

Postby Guest » 11 Apr 2007, 07:24

Hey Kate,
It could be the fibers down there are pulling together and healing. When nerves heal they give off all kinds of weird sensations. You could feel like are cut or burned (in my case) and there isn't really any noticeable injury.
I would imagine it is just healing from the LIS and the fissure which are two different entities. But it never hurts to get a doctor's confirmation so you aren't worrying about it too.
Hope you are feeling better today!
Lecia

Postby small_flower » 11 Apr 2007, 17:36

Unfortunately, I managed to retear my fissure open again this morning. This makes me pretty upset. I start thinking about what could be happening down there. I dont want to have to get another surgery. I just want to be done with it.
I am really trying to keep up with my fiber (although sometimes i certainly dont quite hit 25 grams) and I realized that I NEED to make a conscious effort to drink more water, because I never get a chance during the day with the kids. I just found my water bottle again though, so that should be good. I think i'll take stool softeners for a few days, just to make sure that things are soft, so the fissure can start to heal up again. Hopefully I can resolve this issue fairly quickly.
xo
kate
small_flower
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Deleted User 5 » 11 Apr 2007, 17:39

How can tell you re-tore it? Was there a lot of blood, or pain, or both? I am REALLY curious..................
Hang in there, sweetie! A retear at least doesn't mean the spasms come back! In fact, it *should* be too big of a deal. Let me know your symptoms, because this ( re-tear after surgery) is a bit of a grey area for me...
Deleted User 5

Postby small_flower » 11 Apr 2007, 18:02

The only way i know is that there was blood on the toilet paper this morning. My stools have been pretty hard to pass as of late, because I havent been 100% consistent with my diet etc. But that was the only thing i noticed, blood on the toilet paper, and it was a bit uncomfortable with passing the stools, but not painful.
small_flower
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Guest » 11 Apr 2007, 18:25

That stinks! I would think it would heal pretty quickly since you had the LIS-no spasms to slow down the healing.
I think it is a good sign that there wasn't any substantial pain and it doesn't sound like a lot of blood. Some mornings I have a bowl full it looks like. I know how discouraging it can be when you are doing so well and then blam-things start acting up again. Do you think the bleeding is from the fissure or could it be from the incision from the surgery?
I am sure you will improve quickly-just get back on the fiber diet and maybe take a bath tonight. And I think it is good that you found your water bottle though I know teachers don't get enough bathroom breaks especially with the little ones.
Things will be okay, so don't try to worry.
{{hugs}}
Lecia

Postby small_flower » 11 Apr 2007, 19:51

I am pretty sure that it is the surgical incision. When i went back to my CRS he said that the original fissure was "gone." Well...I don't know if that is 100% accurate...maybe, really well healed...but anyways....
I am pretty sure that this is the surgical incision. So i just took a bath. I am doing the fiber. I drank a lot more than i usually do today, and im taking stool softeners before bed.
We'll see what happens in the morning!
Thanks for the hugs :)
Kate
small_flower
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Deleted User 5 » 12 Apr 2007, 07:06

Well, at least things seem promising! Please don't over-do the fiber. I am beginning to suspect that we can expect some unexpected (is that too many "expects in one sentence?) complication from this surgery. I know I did. But I survived, and I'm sure that like me, you will ultimately be so glad you had the surgery!
Here are some more hugs for ya!
Kim
Deleted User 5

Postby small_flower » 12 Apr 2007, 14:32

Umm...what kind of complications kim?
small_flower
Proctosphincteranalogist