Weird sensations anyone??

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Weird sensations anyone??

Postby felix » 17 Dec 2015, 18:21

Hi all, hope you are all doing ok...I am having the weirdest sensations at the moment and was wondering if others have gas this too. I randomly during the evening (so 12 hours after my bm) get these kind of prickly, tickly, burny and weird sensations. They aren't painful as such, rather just annoying and remind me that something is not quite right which then makes me really anxious!!
Any input here would be much appreciated
felix
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 16

Re: Weird sensations anyone??

Postby Canadabum » 18 Dec 2015, 09:38

Felix...prickly, tickly, weird movement feelings, jabs, sharp pain, scratching pain, dull pain, burny, throbby....i've had em all!!! It is totally normal -- and none of it fun! I think the reminder is exactly what your body is giving you...things are still likely inflamed and somewhat aggravated....this area takes a super long time to heal. Patience is a virtue here and time is a key ingredient. I too have wished many times for this all to be over...it is grating on one's nerves after a while. Hang in there...you will be ok.

Best - Canadabum
Canadabum

Topics: 19

Postby felix » 18 Dec 2015, 18:50

Thanks for answering and you are so right, it all takes time and patience.. I am just low on energy at the moment and feel like I am in danger of getting really obsessed with this whole thing! The sensations are odd and not related to bm so I think are prob inflammation, dodgy skin healing or nerve issues.. Am back on gtn for a bit to see if that pushes it all into finally healing properly.. We will see, meanwhile will endeavour to focus my energy elsewhere and pray it all resolves at some point in the not too distant future! Hope you are still doing ok..
felix
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Canadabum » 18 Dec 2015, 21:32

Thankfully I have been doing well lately. I started to use Metamucil (began with one dose a day and now take it 2.5 times a day) with my restoralax (2wice a day - each time I take 3/8 of a Teaspoon). This combo has been magical for me so far...pain free bm and many weird sensations have vanished! Do you take any softener or fibre? You may want to give it a try...keep me posted.

And yes....I totally 1000% get being tired and done with all this c%#p!!

All best - CB
Canadabum

Postby Canadabum » 18 Dec 2015, 21:32

Thankfully I have been doing well lately. I started to use Metamucil (began with one dose a day and now take it 2.5 times a day) with my restoralax (2wice a day - each time I take 3/8 of a Teaspoon). This combo has been magical for me so far...pain free bm and many weird sensations have vanished! Do you take any softener or fibre? You may want to give it a try...keep me posted.

And yes....I totally 1000% get being tired and done with all this c%#p!!

All best - CB
Canadabum

Postby felix » 19 Dec 2015, 05:01

That is great news and so glad you have found a winning combo, that Is the tricky but I think. I take psyllium once a day, magnesium 3x day(100mg each) and flaxseed oil as well as eating lots of fruit but I have ibs so it is really hard to get everything consistent and then my period comes along and throws it all up in the air.
Interestingly, I had acupuncture for my menstrual issues the other day and my fissure felt better so maybe there is a hormonal link there??
I am so over it all and some days just feel terrified that it will all come back worse than ever but keep telling myself that it has been gradually inproving so will be ok.
Thanks for advice and long may you continue to feel better
felix
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby felix » 01 Jan 2016, 18:11

Update in that I have ft ok the last week or so and any issues have settled down so hoping things are improving!! I did have a look and can only see a little dip in the skin that is not a cut but more like a scar.. Keep putting the vitamin e on and trying to remain calm!
felix
Proctosphincteranalogist