Well I am wondering.....

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Well I am wondering.....

Postby happyass » 04 Dec 2007, 15:38

Considering that I don't have painful stomach cramps or yellow or other rainbow color bms or other symptoms which may indicate something seriously wrong with me, I have had the runs since coming back from Peru - since last Monday. So now it's been over a week with the runs.
The only thing that I have done different is that when I went to Peru, I started eating yogurt and lots of it for breakfast. Also I had started taking a couple of my meds (cymbalta and another one) together. Other than that, I haven't done much different.
The only plus that I find in this situation is that I have no problems going to the toilet at all.....it just all comes out super easy, super soupy, and just comfy! No pushing either because it just runs like a river out!!!! :infin:
i guess now the only thing that i am concerned about is maybe i caught hepatitis a or b since you never know who cooks your meals and how clean they are. i mean, this can happen anywhere but i managed to eat at restaurants and not off street vendors.......
oh well......i am up for a dr. visit for bloodwork and i wil bring this up in a couple of weeks if it doesn't go away.
the other thing is that i am not losing any weight and i am hungry the same.
:pooh:
happyass
King Fissure

Topics: 74

Re: Well I am wondering.....

Postby val » 04 Dec 2007, 15:54

Oh, poor you!
My husband is a ceramic tiler, and he caught some kind of hepatitis a couple of years ago, when he was tiling some public toilets. He still suffers every so often with it, in fact, he's got a bout of it now, and it makes him really ill. It just comes on suddenly again for no apparent reason. I sincerely hope you haven't got that! The fact you haven't lost weight is a good sign-my hubby lost two stone in two weeks(I was quite jealous actually and said let me catch it!!) and he found it very hard to eat anything too.
val
King Fissure

Topics: 86

Postby motherluch » 04 Dec 2007, 16:53

Maybe you have a parasite. That is very common for us to get when we travel to foreign countries. My gues is your Dr. will want a stool sample. If this is what you have, they will most likely prescribe Flagyl, and you should be fine. Wait and see...good luck! I love your Pug!!I have 3 dogs myself!!
motherluch
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 25

Postby Deleted User 5 » 04 Dec 2007, 18:32

Even though that's a *long* time to have diarrhea, the fact that you have an appetite w/no weight loss is a good sign! Have you taken anything for the runs?
Deleted User 5

Postby Guest » 05 Dec 2007, 08:21

Hope you got whatever it was out of your system. That sounds terrible. Image

Postby happyass » 05 Dec 2007, 18:44

well i got a prescription for flagyl - the generic brand - and it's for 5 days, 3x per day.
so i took my first one an hour ago.
here's to hoping!
i hope i won't get a fissure from this heavy duty antibiotic!!!!! hehehehehehe.....
happyass
King Fissure

Topics: 74

Postby Guest » 05 Dec 2007, 20:24

If you didn't get a fissure from all you have been through I think you must have a rectum made of steel!

Pugster is so cute. I just want to kiss that squashed up face of his!!! :12:

Postby juney » 05 Dec 2007, 22:04

good luck with the antibiotics gareth!!
i definitely understand your anxiety in taking a new medicine. i hate always worrying about how everything will affect the fissure
juney
King Fissure

Topics: 36

Postby Guest » 06 Dec 2007, 05:36

happyass wrote:well i got a prescription for flagyl - the generic brand - and it's for 5 days, 3x per day.
so i took my first one an hour ago.
here's to hoping!
i hope i won't get a fissure from this heavy duty antibiotic!!!!! hehehehehehe.....

Hope you're soon feeling better Image
Everyone seems to be having a tough time at the moment, I think we need a group hug Image Image Image Image

Postby buttgirl » 06 Dec 2007, 14:36

hope you do well on the flagyl. make sure to eat a lot of yogurt. that is a harsh med!
buttgirl
King Fissure

Topics: 67