Well, I should be ok as long as...

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Well, I should be ok as long as...

Postby Nebelwerfer_ » 14 Oct 2009, 20:47

Miralax keeps working.
I take one dose of miralax and eat more fiberous foods than a giraffe, and my stools have been nice and soft and I haven't bled for a week, and the pain during and after BM is very mild. I just got a bottle of nifedipine. so that should help out too.
My questions now are:
Does the Miralax ever lose its effect and force the user to "up" the dosage? and also, what does the nifedipine help with?
one more thing... Yesterday my doc told me that one of my AF's developed a skin tag but she said it would disapear in time. I read that some of you have had them surgically removed, explain?
Nebelwerfer_
Salt Bather

Topics: 11

Re: Well, I should be ok as long as...

Postby cherylk » 14 Oct 2009, 22:50

I take more Miralax than when I did when I originally started taking it. I believe the nifedipine helps increase the blood supply to the affected area and also helps "loosen" the muscles there. Some have called the ointment a "chemical LIS."
cherylk
VIP

Topics: 46

Postby juney » 15 Oct 2009, 09:17

i had a skin tag surgically removed during my first LIS. the wound never healed properly and ended up causing a fistula. i also believe removing the skin tag contributed to my fissure never healing, since my body was working overtime trying to heal the other wound. also, since i still have a chronic fissure i've developed more skin around the area and another skin tag inside. a lot of drs won't remove tags, others won't leave them. i guess it's up to you. there's been mixed opinions here on the board too.
juney
King Fissure

Topics: 36

Postby Nebelwerfer_ » 15 Oct 2009, 09:45

juney wrote:i had a skin tag surgically removed during my first LIS. the wound never healed properly and ended up causing a fistula. i also believe removing the skin tag contributed to my fissure never healing, since my body was working overtime trying to heal the other wound. also, since i still have a chronic fissure i've developed more skin around the area and another skin tag inside. a lot of drs won't remove tags, others won't leave them. i guess it's up to you. there's been mixed opinions here on the board too.

well right now i can tell that the skin tag is about the size of an ant. btw, the presence of a skin tag means it's healing right?
Nebelwerfer_
Salt Bather

Postby NeuropathicGuy » 15 Oct 2009, 16:50

I haven't had to increase my Miralax dosage yet. In fact right now I take a little less than when the fissure first presented. But take this with a grain of salt, as I've only had my fissure for just under 6 months, which isn't nearly as long as a lot of folks here I believe.
NeuropathicGuy
King Fissure

Topics: 45

Postby juney » 15 Oct 2009, 17:39

if you have a skin tag that means it's NOT healing. skin tags develop as a result of chronic fissures. i've seen a lot of drs and none of them have said a skin tag will go away on its own, but i know a lot of people on the board have ways of dealing with them.
juney
King Fissure

Postby Nebelwerfer_ » 15 Oct 2009, 17:47

how is the skin tag removal procedure? is it worse than the LIS?
It sounds like I'm gonna have to learn to live with the skin tag. I guess it cant be worse than a hemorrhoid, can it?
Nebelwerfer_
Salt Bather

Postby juney » 15 Oct 2009, 20:50

i had my original skin tag removed during my first LIS. no stitches for that wound, but it was very large and open and never properly healed so go figure. i would think it'd be horribly painful if you weren't sedated. but we're all used to horrible pain everyday so maybe not.
juney
King Fissure