Wheat Grass

Discuss changes in diet that have helped you manage your fissure, or any supplements or medications/creams that have been effective.

Return to Diet Tips / Supplements

Re: Wheat Grass

Postby Deleted User 5 » 21 Jun 2009, 07:34

Weight loss for many of us is the one good side effect of having a fissure...please eating healthier!
Deleted User 5

Wheatgrass......entering week 3 of using it

Postby Cathy in Ohio » 28 Jun 2009, 18:42

All
Wanted to update you all from last post.
After stopping the prescription (Proctosyl) and starting the Dr Wheatgrass Anti-Recovery Cream, my fissure is immensly better.
I am not pain free yet during bm time, I am still using the Lancaine (RX) gel 20 minutes before a bm (it does not take all the pain away but sure takes the edge off not to mention lessens the anxiety about the initial excrutiating bms!!)
I apply the wheatgrass cream around the outside and put some on a qtip for the inside. The best way I have found to do this is by lying on my left side with right leg up and bent. I never had luck inserting the qtip standing or squatting on the toilet. You gotta be laying down on your side. I even take a blanket to work and go into a (locked :) office midday.
I cannot say enough about the wheatgrass cream...within a few days I felt relief (less swelling, bleeding stopped, etc). I am still watching what I eat, drinking a ton, taking stool softeners, etc. I am not thinking I am home free yet, believe me. But this stuff is really working for me. I try to do 3 times a day, with one of those times being after my bm.................like I said bm's are not still pain free, but the amount of time after a bm where you are uncomfortable (a couple days in the beginning I was in pain for a few hours)....if you reapply this cream after a bm..........you immediately can tell it is soothing the fissure....and your pain is more bearable.
http://www.drwheatgrass.com.au/conditions/anal-fissure/Default.htm
I would never ever recommend a product I even had slight doubt about, but this is the truth: this cream is remarkable. I would never have thought I would have felt this good by now knowing what a mess I was just a few weeks ago........I honestly thought I was going to go out of my mind with the pain.
I know there is some cuckoo stuff out there, this is the real deal (at least for me!)
Cathy in Ohio
Fibre Addict

Topics: 3

Postby Deleted User 5 » 29 Jun 2009, 05:33

That is wonderful you are feeling so much better and the wheatgrass is helping you, Cathy! There's *nothing* like a little soothing and calming of the butt after a rough BM! Witha little luck and diligence, you will continue to improve until this AF nightmare completely disappears! Good luck! Image
Deleted User 5

wheatgrass

Postby Cathy in Ohio » 29 Jun 2009, 08:37

Thanks Kim. I am crossing my fingers, toes, etc this nightmare of AF is healing and will continue to be diligent about eating veggies, drinking lots of water, etc.
I DO terribly miss my occasional glass of wine or martini........................I am scared to death to have a summer cocktail for fear of bad after effects I have read about from drinking with this fissure (ie the next day troubles!!). I sure could use a cocktail, and cannot wait to indulge again!!!!
Cathy in Ohio
Fibre Addict

Postby Deleted User 5 » 29 Jun 2009, 16:19

Cathy, I drink a single beer each night with my dinner, and my stools are always easy to pass, wet and soft (wow, TMI!) and I wonder if a single drink would really make any difference? It may not be worth the risk, but I would think overindulgence would be the risky thing, drinking one drink with some food *probably* would have no effect BUT I am just guessing and not prodding!
Deleted User 5

wheatgrass

Postby Cathy in Ohio » 30 Jun 2009, 06:27

Kim
Wow, thanks for the tip. I do like beer, and know that sometimes helps things in the bm dept. I think I will have one tonite!!! Cheers Kim!!!
Cathy in Ohio
Fibre Addict

Postby Deleted User 5 » 30 Jun 2009, 07:03

OK, Cathy, but drink it with some food and don't blame me if something happens - though I can't see it having any adverse effect!
Deleted User 5

Postby Deleted User 5 » 01 Jul 2009, 11:57

I wonder how the beer went? Image
Deleted User 5

Postby Guest » 01 Jul 2009, 12:01

ha me too!
I had a corona a few weeks ago and it was fine :)

Postby Cathy in Ohio » 02 Jul 2009, 06:38

Thanks Ladies! The beer worked JUST GREAT thank you very much :)
I am normally a wine drinker or martini but LOVE beer in the summer. So beer it is!
Cyber Cheers to everyone for a safe and fun 4th!
Cathy in Ohio
Fibre Addict

Return to Diet Tips / Supplements