Wheat Grass

Discuss changes in diet that have helped you manage your fissure, or any supplements or medications/creams that have been effective.

Return to Diet Tips / Supplements

Wheat Grass

Postby Guest » 24 Apr 2008, 16:00

Just curious anyone try this?
http://www.drwheatgrass.com.au/home.htm

Re: Wheat Grass

Postby buttgirl » 24 Apr 2008, 16:03

Yes. I tried it. It made no difference at all. I have had much better success with emu oil.
buttgirl
King Fissure

Topics: 67

Postby Guest » 24 Apr 2008, 16:05

Ok the website markets it well!

Postby Fissulyna » 24 Apr 2008, 23:14

I tried it - did not help me : ( either. But, I guess, could be good lubricant as any other oil used topically- Val has good result with it in that respect.
Fissulyna
VIP

Topics: 61

Postby val » 25 Apr 2008, 01:27

I use wheatgerm oil, not sure if thats any different! I just use it as a lubricant before bm, I suppose any oil would do really.. garlic infused olive oil maybe........LOL! (just kidding!)
val
King Fissure

Topics: 86

Postby erik » 26 Apr 2008, 22:53

totally worthless. really.
erik
Salt Bather

Topics: 19

Postby Deleted User 5 » 27 Apr 2008, 06:03

That's how I feel, Erik. Plus half the so-called "cures" at the boardsailor site.
Deleted User 5

I tried Dr Wheatgrass and it is working

Postby Cathy in Ohio » 19 Jun 2009, 06:52

I am new to forum and mentioned this in my intro post.
I have had a nasty anal fissure for now a little over a month, though only diagnosed a few weeks ago. Doctor initially gave me RX for hydrocortisone, that did nothing and made me bleed more. Very painful to insert the tip for interior application too. Terrible experience with it.
I saw the Dr Wheatgrass product from doing a google on internet. I read all the testimonials about how it helped anal fissures (plus other problems) and very reluctantly ordered some ($30). It came on Monday of this week (it is now Friday) and since first applying it Monday nite (and totally discontining the irritating hydrocortisone), the wheatgrass cream has worked wonderful. I am NOT pain free, but SO MUCH better than I have been. I feel like I am healing. I put a little on my tag and around my anus, then put some on a q-tip to get the inside of my anus and fissure. I do not bleed anymore. It does not hurt to stick the qtip in there. I am the first to admit I was skeptical and thought I pissed away $30 when I ordered it. But it IS working for me. I even emailed the doctor on the website who fields questions or comments. he is very responsive and got back with me twice fairly quickly about questions I had (he is in Australia). He told me "a little goes a long way" and he is right. With each application, you don't have to use much. I am hoping this continues to sooth my fissure. Good luck to everyone who is looking for relief.
Cathy in Ohio
Fibre Addict

Topics: 3

Postby Deleted User 5 » 19 Jun 2009, 07:00

Wow, I am happy to hear that it is helping you. We have had on or two people come here and state the wheatgrass helped them also, but if I recall correctly, one of them later continued to have problems. One week is a bit premature, Cathy, though. AF's can calm down for several days and seduce a person into thinking they are healing and then come right back with a vengeance -- I say this not to discourage you but so you won't be too discouraged if it happens.
Do please report back here over time and let us know how you do, as the jury is really still out on the effectiveness of wheatgrass .. here's hoping it works wonders for you!
Deleted User 5

Wheatgrass

Postby Cathy in Ohio » 20 Jun 2009, 16:34

Hi Kim
Thanks for your post.................good advice I must say. Though it appears to be helping me, just from reading a bunch of posts on this website, you are definately right about the unpredictableness of fissures.................I am not taking anything for granted......I realize they can come back with a vengeance.
Thanks for that dose of reality!! I just keep hoping though!!!! Staying positive but realistic is key here! Thanks again, will keep you posted.
I have lost 12 lbs, though the fissure diet is not the most pleasant, I am happy to loose a little junk out of my trunk :)
Cathy in Ohio
Fibre Addict

Topics: 3

Return to Diet Tips / Supplements