When you've got Diarrhea :-)

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

When you've got Diarrhea :-)

Postby SunshineHope » 10 Jun 2007, 23:45

Hi everyone, Image
I think it's funny that I'm starting to ask such questions openly, but when you guys have diarrhea, what do you do? It's funny because normally I'd do what anyone else would do - either let it leave my system or take some medicine to plug me up. I was wondering what people with fissures can do in such a situation though, because we try soo hard NOT to plug ourselves up and spend a large portion of the day trying to make our stools soft, rather than hard. So would you guys take medication in this case? Or perhaps drink milk/have cheese? And what would you do the next day, take stool softener/fibre/water/etc again? Or just risk the chance of having a hard, painful BM?
Without stool softener and all of my fruit, fibre, and water, my BM's are obviously hard and quite painful (at least they used to be). I'm not sure how I'd go about dealing with this situation, as you probably don't know how your BM will be until you have it, and by then it may be too late!
I've had a bout of an upset stomach recently and was wondering what I can do the next time around. It sure can be painful and irritating, all you want to do is plug yourself up, but at the same time, the last thing any of us would want is to re-tear!
Any advice about this?
SunshineHope
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 38

Re: When you've got Diarrhea :-)

Postby Deleted User 5 » 11 Jun 2007, 06:03

I would try conservative measures like drinking water and eating high fiber to combat the diarrhea. If that didn't work, i would use Immodium. Diarrhea can actually cause a fissure (it did mine) and certainly burns like all hades if you already have a fissure. It's a bad thing either way, so it needs to be brought under control as soon as possible.
Deleted User 5

Re: When you've got Diarrhea :-)

Postby Guest » 11 Jun 2007, 06:47

I really like using acidopholis supplements. It can also be found in yogurt that contains live active cultures. This is used to keep the tract functioning with the proper amount and kinds of bacteria. I always used more when I have to take antibiotics because that is a common trigger of diarrhea since it kills out the needed flora in the gut.
I bet if you ate some yogurt several times a day you will notice an improvement. I know my kids get backed up if they eat bananas so maybe that would slow things down too!
L.