Where are you?

Need some comic relief?? Games and quizzes are here. Want to talk about your pets, your life, etc? This is the place!

Return to Quizzes, Games & Chat

Re: Where are you?

Postby Guest » 19 Nov 2010, 08:56

Hey Cheryl,
Please don't let Miami represent the rest of the state!
Miami is my least favorite place in Florida...LOL
It is nice living in a State where there's plenty of places to go, but you are right Hot weather at Christmas time is no fun. We were ecstatic last year when we had record lows!
My older kids and some other family members go to Tennessee the week before Christmas just to get in the spirit and see snow. They said it's beautiful at Christmas time in Pigeon Forge and Gatlinburg.
I've never seen snow, so next trip I'm going!!

Postby Guest » 19 Nov 2010, 09:00

I wanted to add Cheryl, the Keys have the prettiest water. The beaches are small compared to these parts but the water is unbelievable! My son-inlaws family owns a house and we go down there in the Summer.

Postby cherylk » 19 Nov 2010, 10:31

I like Pigeon Forge and Gatlinburg also--have been there 3 times!!
cherylk
VIP

Topics: 46

Postby Bambi » 19 Nov 2010, 17:56

Wow- all this Florida talk is getting me more excited about planning a trip. It has been hard to think about planning a road trip with the AF. I am the resident "travel agent" in our house. We definitely would like to go to the Keys!
Cheryl- I worked for the school district- and you are right, it does tend to shut down! We are going up there to stay at the YMCA camp in a cabin with some Dallas friends next weekend. Our friend has always wanted to see the Christmas parade in Estes on the Friday after Thanksgiving. We have never gone up for it, but I remember kids talking about it when I worked there. Should be fun, although once again, it is harder to think about having fun and company and dinner and all with a big distraction! But I am trying!
Bambi
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 72

Postby sphinctersaurus » 19 Nov 2010, 18:40

Hey all,
I'm still relatively new to the forum and a bit more 'far flung' - in Auckland, New Zealand. Glad I found this place! :)
sphinctersaurus
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 10

Postby cherylk » 19 Nov 2010, 19:02

Bambi,
I worked at the Y Camp during my summer in Estes. Did you live in Estes when you worked there or did you commute??
cherylk
VIP

Postby Bambi » 19 Nov 2010, 20:33

Wow- New Zealand! I hear it is so beautiful there!
Bambi
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby FissureFighter0122 » 20 Nov 2010, 09:41

Hey everyone! :)
I am located in Ontario, Canada eh?
Image couldn't resist lol
FissureFighter0122
Salt Bather

Topics: 3

Postby Bambi » 05 Dec 2010, 22:27

Cherylk- I just saw your post. No, I never lived in Estes- we lived down in Loveland and I drove the Big Thompson canyon every day. It wasn't bad except for when I was pregnant! I threw up for 4 months- I think part of it was driving and all each day. Made for longer days and it was a curvy road.
We just came back from our trip to the Y camp. That is such a great place and is such a good vacation spot for families. Our friends and I hit all 4 Christmas stores, much to my husband's chagrin!
Bambi
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby cherylk » 06 Dec 2010, 07:51

Bambi,
I'll have to look up Loveland on my atlas. I went out there one winter to work (during my college break) and didn't like it one bit. Somehow I guess I thought it would be the same as it was during the summer. I left early to my parents' chagrin. Hitched a ride with a family that was leaving and got back down to Boulder and took the train back to Illinois! But the Y camp is a great place for families. My son wants me to go to Colorado on a skiing trip with him, but I don't ski! :roll:
cherylk
VIP