Where are you?

Need some comic relief?? Games and quizzes are here. Want to talk about your pets, your life, etc? This is the place!

Return to Quizzes, Games & Chat

Re: Where are you?

Postby Bambi » 06 Dec 2010, 19:46

I'm not a skier either Cherylk. When we first got married 32 years ago, my husband got a job in Summit County (where Keystone, Copper Mountain and Brekenridge all are). I had never lived anywhere other than south Texas before and just the altitude and the possibility of driving in snow had me scared. I am also not very coordinated and was never good at any sport. But I really tried that winter because we got a ski pass for only 100 dollars as employees of the school district. I would go over to the Bunny Hill every weekend and try and try. And I eventually was able to go down beginner slopes, but I don't like it when I pick up speed and speed is your friend in turning, so I was never very good. Now it is so expensive it is silly for me to push it. My husband still skis some - maybe once a year. Sorry your had a bad experience. Were you in Estes during the winter?
Bambi
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 72

Postby cherylk » 15 Dec 2010, 19:53

Bambi,
Yes, I went back to Estes (by train, I think) in the winter during one of my college breaks, but didn't like working in the kitchen making sandwiches!! It was not exciting and fun as it was in the summer.
My son loves to ski. He is going to Upper Michigan with a local ski club over NY's to do that. Hopefully, they will not get stranded as they get LOTS of snow up there. He likes Colorado the best--must be in the genes. I think you and I can be the "mother hens" here since we are older and wiser!! Image
cherylk
VIP

Topics: 46

Postby Bambi » 16 Dec 2010, 19:35

Ha- that's true! I'm happy to be a "hen mother". And I like your signature line, by the way. I am a retired speech/language pathologist and worked on our district's early childhood assessment team for over 20 years.
Bambi
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby cherylk » 16 Dec 2010, 19:53

Bambi,
I like SLP's. Image They usually had a good idea of what autism was!! I'm also familiar with early childhood, which is what we were aiming for with my son (initially). My son's current SLP has been very helpful with many aspects of my son's programming because he has a good understanding of my son. He writes "social stories" for the staff to use for handwashing, toothbrushing, etc. I'll try to send you a PM with a recent picture of him wearing an "antlers hat."
cherylk
VIP

Postby Bambi » 16 Dec 2010, 20:41

That would be great!
Bambi
Bambi
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby cherylk » 18 Dec 2010, 09:59

Bambi,
I was not able to attach a picture to a PM. If you want to PM me you private e-mail addie, I'll send it to you. I think I am going to try to post it as my avatar picture.
Cheryl
cherylk
VIP

Postby Bambi » 18 Dec 2010, 12:31

What a great picture! How old is your son?
Bambi
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby cherylk » 18 Dec 2010, 14:12

He's 35!! And his older brother is 37!! (I was a baby bride. Image )
cherylk
VIP

Postby grannymaria » 13 Jan 2012, 19:59

Wauw! A lot of people in cold areas! I live near San Antonio n I love it here - I can not stand the cold at all! When I was young I was ok with it but now - :( I can't take it - plus da chemotherapy makes it worse, lucky to those in California n Florida !
grannymaria
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 13

Postby Savaici » 16 Jan 2012, 20:20

-16F this morning. I live in Maine.
Savaici
Administrator

Topics: 222