Why am I having a BM 3x a day?

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Why am I having a BM 3x a day?

Postby Guest » 14 Jun 2007, 15:51

Hello,
For 2 days now I have had 3 BMs, each day!! I have been stuck in this house to stay near the bath tub. UGGGGGG. Image What am I doing wrong? I am trying to eat well, at least I think I am eating well. Can someone give me an example of what they might have throughtout the day?
Thanks
BBG
Patty

Re: Why am I having a BM 3x a day?

Postby Guest » 14 Jun 2007, 15:53

P.S.
I will have 4 bottles of water a day (9Fl oz )and at least 2 sevings of fruit. I am afraid to eat big portions because I am afraid of a big BM.......

Postby Deleted User 5 » 14 Jun 2007, 16:00

Better, yet, you tell us what *you've* been having for the past few days...!
Avoid melons and cantalopes, they can make you go! This is the melon season... :)
I would normally have had All Bran Flakes for breakfast, and coffee. Water later on. Two or three cooked veggies at lunch, with a small portion of bread, meat, and carb of some type. More water later on! Fruit mid-day and before bedtime, and a salad or more cereal around dinner. I always ate a light dinner, to keep my stool volume down. And a bit more water in the evening!
Little or no dairy and no sweets. The sweets can push food through your system pretty fast, from what I have read...
Deleted User 5

Postby Guest » 14 Jun 2007, 16:08

Kim,
ohhhhh Thats it melon. I have been eating that all week. Ok so what other fruits should I eat?
I would eat special K or oatmeal for breakfast. (I am getting bran cereal this week)
I would have a tuna/turkey sandwhich on wheat bread for lunch with fruit (melon) ahhhhh...
and a salad with chicken for dinner and fruit before bed.
Thats my menu.. should I modify it??
BBG
Patty

Postby Deleted User 5 » 14 Jun 2007, 16:25

Yes, I would add more cooked vegetables and high-fiber fruit. Bananas. Peaches. Kiwi. I ate LOTS of peaches! Eat one meat portion per day, it's all you need. Maybe two if you're eating out or for whatever reason...you can splurge some!
Supplement your fiber with Citrucel or metamucil, but maybe only on days when you missed a serving or two of the veggies/fruit. Don't overdo the fiber.
And eat smaller portions and go around hungry some!! Not all the time, but some. Does that sound mean? I hope not, it's just what I did! That kept my stool volume even smaller, and on days when I had small amounts of stool, I did best!
Deleted User 5

Postby Guest » 14 Jun 2007, 16:34

Kim,
Thanks for your response. I will get peaches too. I don't want to take metmucil won't it bulk up your stool?? Isn't the bread, veggies and cereal enough fiber?? How may serving a veggies do we need?
BBG
Patty

Postby Deleted User 5 » 14 Jun 2007, 17:05

I would try things without the metamucil first. Yes, it can bulk up your stools if you are already getting plenty of fiber from other sources. And natural fiber is best! I only mention it as a good option.
Deleted User 5

Postby Guest » 14 Jun 2007, 17:12

Kim
Thanks for your help. I am going to have 1/2 of a banana for my snack tonight.
BBG
Patty

Postby Deleted User 5 » 14 Jun 2007, 17:39

Just think *soft* fruits and veggies. That's why you really want to eat your vegetables cooked, to make 'em soft for their "passage!"
Deleted User 5

Postby Guest » 14 Jun 2007, 17:52

Kim,
Thanks, I have one more question? I really miss my coffee. Someone told me not to drink it. I like decaf with a lttle half anf half and a little sugar. Is coffee ok in the morning? What are your thoughts?
BBG
Patty