Worst pain of my life, please help. :(

Possible fissure??

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Re: Worst pain of my life, please help. :(

Postby Jimbfree47 » 07 Nov 2016, 12:34

:D Quick update: I applied some nitro after my second bath at9:30 pain is gone at least for now . That tells me I am getting enough blood flow to the area to promote healing. Not sure if the sphincter muscle went into spasms but in the clear for now
Jimbfree47
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 2

Postby Suzie81 » 07 Nov 2016, 14:51

Glad to hear it Jim!!!! I'm currently on bath four of the day! Thankful for hot hot water right now!
Suzie81
Fibre Addict

Topics: 1

Postby Suzie81 » 07 Nov 2016, 14:56

Also you are new in your surgery. Only thing I can relate to was with my child birth followed by an episiotomy that tore. Six weeks seems to be the magic number as we are dealing with a very sensitive area with multiple nerve endings. Sounds like you are well on your way to healing for sure! X
Suzie81
Fibre Addict

Postby Jimbfree47 » 07 Nov 2016, 16:46

Suzie I heard 6 weeks from others as the magic time frame. You may want to try lying down on your side or stomach. That has helped me. Also walk around and see if that helps. I also take a 5mg diazepam which is a muscle relaxer and it helps alot.Hope that helps you. Hang in there. If you are diagnosed with a fissure do consider the LIS. It has helped reduce the daily discomfort
Jimbfree47
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Suzie81 » 09 Nov 2016, 19:19

Glad to hear that you are feeling better! Yes, I will consider it. Each day brings a new sensation but the cramping has been a little more bareable. Hoping for a light at the end of the tunnel..x
Suzie81
Fibre Addict

Postby Suzie81 » 11 Nov 2016, 10:47

Hi all,

Saw my doctor yesterday and diagnosed with a perianal abscess :( which may be due to the fissure. Strange all cramping has stopped since Sunday. That fluid I mentioned was the access bursting on its own and oh my god the stinging pain is horrendous! No cramping this morning with a BM but still no definite plan. Doc gave me a script for antibiotics 10 days and said I'll be fine. I'm so confused.
All I know is this abscess is not anywhere near my anus, but more toward my tailbone. Anyone have anything similar occur?
Suzie81
Fibre Addict

Postby Mypoorbutt » 11 Nov 2016, 11:07

Oh gosh suzie, that's not good.
I can't offer much advise really as I have never had an abscess but I'm really scared of infection so have done a bit of research.
I add oil of oregano to my baths and I do put it on my fissure mixed with coconut or olive oil as it's meant to be a great anti microbial anti fungal. Is there any cream for you to put directly on it.
I wonder if your fissure is posterior maybe that's why that area is sensitive.
Big hugs
Mypoorbutt

Topics: 20

Postby Suzie81 » 11 Nov 2016, 14:44

I read a little bit about the oregano oil and I think I will go get some today. I have only been using Epsom salts in the bath thus far, occasionally a little coconut oil. Yes, you DO NOT want one of these but at the very least the cramping subsiding and that I am thankful for...it's still so strange that my cramping is subsiding since it burst. I wonder which came first, the fissure and then the infection?? My doctor just advised basic polysporin or bacitraicin ointment and told me to apply some just inside as well as the outside where the burst boil is.

Big Hugs back to you! x
Suzie81
Fibre Addict

Postby Mypoorbutt » 11 Nov 2016, 15:03

It's meant to be amazing some European hospitals use it for mrsa but you have to be really careful with the strength. I only put 4 drops in a full bath. I have just got some polysporin and am thinking of using it preventively as my surgery cut was quite big so may take a while to heal.
I guess now it's burst there is less pressure there in such a small area which maybe why the cramping has lessened.
Hope it continues to improve x
Mypoorbutt

Topics: 20

Postby Jimbfree47 » 11 Nov 2016, 15:18

Oh wow suzie how horrible that must be to find that out. Glad that you are on your way to recovery. Always some sort of comfort when we know what is causing the problem so we can take the proper treatment.I hope you recover quickly.
Jimbfree47
Proctosphincteranalogist