Yogurt ?

Discuss changes in diet that have helped you manage your fissure, or any supplements or medications/creams that have been effective.

Return to Diet Tips / Supplements

Re: Yogurt ?

Postby Guest » 04 Apr 2008, 13:56

buttgirl wrote:I seem to recall seeing soy yogurts last time I went to the store. I'm not 100% sure though. Perhaps those would work for you, Tabby.

Ahh Thanks !, i must check that out, I do like the wholegrain bio bots they are yum :)
I probley dont have enough dairy in my diet !

Postby SunshineHope » 04 Apr 2008, 13:59

Janis, yeah, I can eat pizza! It's so weird... pizza actually got rid of my constipation.. I ate it last night and these days I've been having BMs in the evening rather than morning. I had pizza last night though and had a smooth BM in th emorning - sooo weird (sorry for too much information)
But I think the yogurt was being weird to me.. & no I haven't tried Fiber One, maybe that'd be good. Or even soy based yogurt - I wonder how it tastes?
SunshineHope
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 38

Postby Jo » 24 Apr 2008, 09:56

I love the vanilla Yoplait Yo Plus, I add a few cut up apples and bananas and some caramel delight fiber one cereal with a little cool whip! Its yummy.....
The yogurt has 3 g of fiber.
The caramel delight fiber one has 9 g of fiber for one cup, I usually use 1/2 cup though.
Jo
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 5

Postby Guest » 24 Apr 2008, 10:44

I have tried the fiber one. I think they are a little too small for me. I used to eat a yoplait every morning for breakfast. But that was it! I ate nothing else and I wasnt getting enough fiber and now Im here!

Postby Jo » 24 Apr 2008, 10:52

The fiber one, caramel delight are not like the like little pieces of fiber, they are larger like life cereal and are lightly sweetened. I really like them.
The yogurt is the Yoplait with added fiber, they are not very big though, 4 ounces I think.
These two mixed together make a really good snack. One yogurt probably wouldn't be enough for breakfast, though.
Jo
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Guest » 24 Apr 2008, 10:53

Yes you are right 4 oz. The regular yogurts are 6oz

Postby buttgirl » 24 Apr 2008, 11:31

I just mix my glucomannan into my yogurts. I cant even tell it's there. Fiber plus I can have whatever yogurt I want. My current fav is a goatmilk yogurt, but I also like activia--it might just be me but I think it does help keep one "regular."
buttgirl
King Fissure

Topics: 67

Postby Jo » 24 Apr 2008, 11:47

Where do you buy glucomannan? I don't think I've heard it before.
Jo
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby buttgirl » 24 Apr 2008, 13:24

I get it in my local healthfood store. it's a japanese yam fiber and its very soluable. a little goes a long way.
buttgirl
King Fissure

Topics: 67