Your feedback please!

Intro: choosing options

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Your feedback please!

Postby trillo » 27 Oct 2018, 07:54

Greetings! Here is my story...

About six weeks ago I began feeling pain during BMs, which I assumed was caused by my hemorrhoids. I was aware that I had hemorrhoids but they had previously not caused pain. I tried various H-ointments OTC but none of them helped and the pain kept getting worse, and lasting longer between BMs. Sometimes it felt excruciating.

Still assuming these were hemorrhoid pains, I googled treatments and read about IRC (infrared coagulation). One week ago I went to an internist who does IRC. He examined me and said that my pain is undoubtedly coming more from two anal fissures that I have, rather than from the hemorrhoids. He did the IRC on one of the hemorrhoids, but gave me a prescription for dilitiazem HCL compound.

I began using the dilitiazem and the first couple of days felt fine; I was optimistic that it would work. But then it began to burn terribly each time I applied it. I went to a local colo-rectal surgeon yesterday. She confirmed that I have two large fissures, and said that since the dilitiazem was too painful for me to use I should have surgery (LIS). I asked if I could try anything else first. She gave me a prescription for nifedipine.

I haven’t filled that prescription yet because the pharmacist told me that I probably will have the same reaction that I had to the dilitiazem.

After doing more googling, I ordered Pranicura online yesterday, as well as Forces of Nature Fissure Control.

Meanwhile, waiting for these to arrive in the mail, yesterday I began applying Weleda baby diaper rash cream. So far, it is the only thing I’ve applied that helps to lessen the pain. I also do frequent sitz baths, which also lessen the pain. But I’m afraid of that excruciating pain returning at any moment, especially after BMs. And, of course, I want to cure the fissures. But I’d like to do it without jumping right into LIS if something else will be effective.

I also made an appointment for this Monday with Dr. Feingold, who does the Kenalog procedure. But I’ve read discouraging reviews from members of this forum about that, so I’m considering canceling my appointment.

I tried applying it a couple of days ago, but it burned like hell, just like all the OTC ointments I had tried. But now that the Weleda diaper rash ointment has helped relieve the pain, maybe I’ll try the coconut oil again.

So…

1. Have any of you had burning pain when applying the dilitiazem compound? If so, did you find a way to lessen that pain? Maybe by combining it with something else?

2. How effective was dilitiazem for those of you who have tried it?

3. What are your experiences with nifedipine?

4. Have any of you tried Pranicura? https://www.pranicura.com/

5. Have any of you tried Forces of Nature Fissure Control? https://www.amazon.com/Forces-Nature-Certified-FDA-registered-Pharmaceutical/dp/B005C55HPG?th=1

6. For those who have done LIS, how was that?

7. Any experience with coconut oil?

I would greatly appreciate any feedback that any of you have about any of this. Thank you!
trillo
Fibre Addict

Topics: 3

Re: Your feedback please!

Postby chachacha » 27 Oct 2018, 09:06

1. The diltiazem also caused me pain after using it for about 6 months (on and off).
2. It wasn't effective at all.
6. LIS made a huge difference and cured my fissure.
Fissure since about 2007
Fissure diagnosed in 2011
Diltiazem for two years - didn't work well
LIS January, 2015
Hemorrhoidectomy December, 2017
chachacha

Topics: 19

Postby trillo » 27 Oct 2018, 09:53

Thanks for your feedback.

Did you have any incontinence after LIS?

After LIS when did you resume normal activities?
trillo
Fibre Addict

Topics: 3

Postby chachacha » 27 Oct 2018, 10:10

Only once, and that was just gas, on day 2 or 3.

Most activities could be resumed within days, but sitting on a hard surface took about 3 weeks.
Fissure since about 2007
Fissure diagnosed in 2011
Diltiazem for two years - didn't work well
LIS January, 2015
Hemorrhoidectomy December, 2017
chachacha

Topics: 19