Blistex

Please help others by posting your success story here. Tell us what worked for you, before you move on with your fissure-free life!!

Return to Anal Fissure Success Stories

Re: Blistex

Postby LeeMS » 13 Oct 2014, 19:35

Alyssa,

From what I've learned about it, Turmeric plays a role in many things as it is an antioxidant almost like no other. It's reported to have a positive effect on everything from pain to brain function. I'll say this: My pain level has decreased and I just feel better in a general sense. I think it can help you, too. Hell, it can't hurt.

FYI...I take it with 1,000mg. coconut oil softgels (3-4 daily) and also pepper (mixed in applesauce) because they help to keep the Turmeric in your system, otherwise your body just let's it go.

Let me know what you think, if you try it.
LeeMS
Salt Bather

Postby Alyssa » 13 Oct 2014, 21:28

Where can the pills be purchased?
2/14 Fissure developed
3/14 Diagnosed w/ fissure given Nifedipine
4/14 Referred to Pelvic Floor Physical Therapy=Pelvic Floor Dysfunction
5/14 Fissure declared "healed"/chronic anal pain persists
9/5/14 Botox to pelvic floor
9/22 biofeedback
Alyssa
VIP

Topics: 26

Postby LeeMS » 13 Oct 2014, 21:45

Alyssa,

You can get the Turmeric (Curcumin) capsules and coconut oil softgels at any GNC, Vitamin Shoppe, eVitamins, etc. I have 500mg of Turmeric and 1,000mg of coconut oil.

Best of luck.

Lee
LeeMS
Salt Bather

Postby Pained » 13 Oct 2014, 21:54

I just got a bottle of Tumeric supplements (thanks to Lee's recommendation) via Amazon.com. I buy New Chapter brand vitamins and got those.

BTW, for the last 3 days, I've cut down my food intake, probably by half. I'm not fasting but I'm eating very modestly as I've been reading that people who fast give their body a chance to heal. Having less to eat seems to be putting less stress on my fissure. My pain has gone from say a level 10 to about a 7 or 8 the last two days. I'm going to keep eating minimally and hope that this trend continues. I know this is a tough battle we're all fighting!
Pained
Fibre Addict

Topics: 2

Postby LeeMS » 14 Oct 2014, 09:12

Don't forget to use the coconut oil and pepper with the Turmeric and use it twice daily (morning and night). A pain level of 7-8 is still way too high, but I think the Turmeric will get it much lower. I'm down to 2, 3 or 4 now and more like 2-3 maybe more often than not. I have not changed my eating habits, but use Colace at night with prune juice.

I don't know if I'm healing, but I hope it's better at least. The pain level says it is anyway.

I hope the Turmeric works for all of you.
LeeMS
Salt Bather

Postby Pained » 15 Oct 2014, 22:05

Yesterday and today I've had much less pain. I've been eating less, drinking lots of water, taking ibuprofen once a day, I added magnesium, tumeric and zinc to my supplements regimen, and I'm hoping this pain reducing trend continues. I know this condition has lots of ups and downs. I've also used Fissure Control essential oils a bit, with some Blistex applications. Not sure what's working for me, but I'm cautiously optimistic.
Pained
Fibre Addict

Postby Scientist2516 » 16 Oct 2014, 10:54

Good for you, Pained. I hope the improvement continues!
Nifedipine/lidocaine, no help
Diltiazem, effective, but caused major rash
Nitroglycerine, effective.
Topical estrogen for final healing.
Gentle heat to bottom - pain relief, muscle relaxant
Kondremul mineral oil
Time - lots of time.
Status - Healed!
Scientist2516

Topics: 16

Postby LeeMS » 23 Oct 2014, 19:13

Pained & Alyssa,

What's happening with the two of you? Haven't heard anything lately, so drop a line and let us know how things are going.

Lee
LeeMS
Salt Bather

Postby Pained » 24 Oct 2014, 08:48

I have been eating more modestly and I also stopped eating big bowls of high fiber cereal, because I was having BMs 2-3 times a day which interfered with trying to heal. I now go 1x a day without pain during but I do have moderate pain for several hours afterwards. I've added magnesium, zinc, turmeric and coconut oil supplements and I use the Fissure Control essential oils a few times a day.

I'm not out of the woods, but I went from excruciating pain several times a day and for hours after to moderate pain after one BM a day. I'd like to fully heal but my condition seems to reoccur, so I don't know if I'll ever be fully heals and I'll have to be vigilant about avoiding constipating foods.
Pained
Fibre Addict

Postby Pained » 27 Oct 2014, 19:12

So, I meant to add - WATER is incredibly important to healing and staying regular. It's not easy, but I've been trying to drink the recommended 8 glasses a day. Usually, one glass is apple/prune juice and one is herbal tea, and the rest is regular water. I fell off my routine one or two days and paid a price for it, so I can't say enough how important diet and liquids/water is.
Pained
Fibre Addict

Return to Anal Fissure Success Stories