Blistex

Please help others by posting your success story here. Tell us what worked for you, before you move on with your fissure-free life!!

Return to Anal Fissure Success Stories

Re: Blistex

Postby LeeMS » 02 Nov 2014, 21:35

Alyssa,

I'm sorry to hear that you are still having pain. Have you tried the Turmeric yet? You are still on my prayer list so I have faith you will get better. I never miss a night, so you need to hold up your end.

I think that I have improved somewhat. The pain is not as severe and I'm managing better. It's all a facade of course and I'm only kidding myself. But maybe not. We're going to visit one of the kids in Philadelphia for five days at the end of the week, so we'll see how well I travel.

I wonder if Sweetpea has something there? You would know.

Take care and stay in touch, ok?
LeeMS
Salt Bather

Postby Alyssa » 02 Nov 2014, 22:11

I don't think so because the pain does not come from a single area, instead it's all around pain (i feel pain when I touch the internal sphincter) I have requested a pressure test and I will be taking it next week. When bm are too soft, they pass through the sphincter too fast and I am in pain.
2/14 Fissure developed
3/14 Diagnosed w/ fissure given Nifedipine
4/14 Referred to Pelvic Floor Physical Therapy=Pelvic Floor Dysfunction
5/14 Fissure declared "healed"/chronic anal pain persists
9/5/14 Botox to pelvic floor
9/22 biofeedback
Alyssa
VIP

Topics: 26

Postby Alyssa » 02 Nov 2014, 22:27

Lee,

I think the longer we are in pain we kind of get used to it! I don't want to live for the rest of my life with pain, I enjoyed my life before having to think about my butt all the time. Since getting Botox to my pelvic floor muscles, pain has definitely changed (decreased during bm) but I still have pain. It's kind if weird to describe it because it changes throughout the day and everyday... One day I could have a lower pain day and then the next my burning pain increases.. The only thing that I think aggravates the area is sitting for long periods during the days, multiple bm, or very soft stool.

There have been some days that I just want to throw up because of the burning pain, I don't even want to eat! I'm down to 105 pounds now...

I'm glad that to hear that you are feeling better and that your are traveling to visit your child, it will do you good because it will distract you but make sure you bring all your essentials. Has the fissure(s) healed yet?

Thank you for keeping me in your prayers I pray for you and other boardies all the time... Please lord heal us all give us the strength to deal with this.
2/14 Fissure developed
9/22 biofeedback
Alyssa
VIP

Postby LeeMS » 02 Nov 2014, 22:54

Alyssa,

You don't have to thank me -- I hate it that you are not pain free by now. Do you follow the same regimen every day? There's something in it that maybe is contributing or causing your distress? I remember when you posted that you would be in the shower and crying and I wish that this trauma would end for you. Have you analyzed what you do and your diet -- is there something there?

Yes, I'll bring everything and no, I haven't healed. It's just not as painful. Now (have to watch that because whenever I start thinking that it's getting better, I seem to have a setback).

I'm hoping that there is some key that will help you. There must be something.

Me? It's being said that medical marijuana could be approved for Pennsylvania. if so, I will be at my doctor's door. I'm serious.

Hoping that you will get better.
LeeMS
Salt Bather

Postby Pained » 02 Nov 2014, 23:05

I'm so sorry, too, Alyssa,

I'm still suffering and though I thought my fissures were healing, I've seen blood this week so I am assuming that means tearing.

I am drinking at least 8 glasses of water (sometimes chamomile tea and everyday Apple/prune juice). It seems to be essential in keeping me regular.

I'm worried about how this will affect my relationship with my boyfriend. We've been together several years and he knows how I'm suffering but I never feel well enough to get close physically.

For the last two months, I've just always been so focused on pain relief and healing.
Pained
Fibre Addict

Topics: 2

Postby LeeMS » 02 Nov 2014, 23:18

Pained,

That is not good.

Are you using the Turmeric as I suggested? Before using the toilet, do you use the raw coconut on the affected area so that you minimize any stress? It's important. I usually don't see any blood, but sometimes I do.

Where are you located? I'll add you to my prayer list.

It's not easy, but don't let it completely rule your life. Remember: Turmeric, coconut oil and apply it before, also. I also use Nifedipine a few times a day. Colace and prune juice at night, as well. I still have a sex life and I exercise every day. Not quite dead just yet.
LeeMS
Salt Bather

Postby Alyssa » 02 Nov 2014, 23:53

Do you follow the same regimen every day? There's something in it that maybe is contributing or causing your distress? I remember when you posted that you would be in the shower and crying and I wish that this trauma would end for you. Have you analyzed what you do and your diet -- is there something there?

I don't follow the same regimen everyday.. Some days I use nifedipine and other days I don't... I don't think it makes a difference. When I add it there is some weird sensations in there and then I have irritation days. Chronic pain causes me distress, the old, happy me is gone and has been replaced with a depressed person. The little that I consume, consists of chicken, rice, vegetables, salad, beans. I hope that there are still things that can be done to solve my pain completely.. Botox is my next step but to the sphincter not my pelvic floor (my pelvic floor muscles are now relaxed:)...
2/14 Fissure developed
9/22 biofeedback
Alyssa
VIP

Postby msimon » 03 Nov 2014, 00:13

That's interesting about the nifedipine Alyssa. What sensations are you referring to? Can you describe them?

How long do you find nifedipine lasts for you?
Dec '13 Fissure from anoscope
3 X internal sphincter botox
'08-'15 Botox for pelvic floor dysfunction
Nov '14 LIS/sentinel tag removal
Feb '15 Deroofing of recurrent infection from LIS
summer '15-healed but still ongoing muscle dysfunction/pain
msimon

Topics: 64

Postby Alyssa » 03 Nov 2014, 00:26

Nifedipine lasts about 2-3 hours.. Hard to describe the sensations, tingling, irritation when applied. It was easier to describe before I got Botox..
2/14 Fissure developed
9/22 biofeedback
Alyssa
VIP

Postby LeeMS » 03 Nov 2014, 10:18

Alyssa,

I believe it's important to do the same thing every day because then your body is conditioned to respond or behave a certain way. I think that when you change it up, your body has to make adjusments and is either confused or adds difficulty. I'll never be confused with a doctor, but I think that a set regimen based upon less irritation has some merit.

What causes the least pain and follow through with that. Are you using Turmeric?

I'm sorry to hear that you are depressed and I've felt that way before. Not good. If you could get some improvement, it can give you something positive to cling to. If you could have a better day and then string a couple of those together, maybe you can get somewhere.

Don't discount the Turmeric, coconut oil softgels and Nifedipine after you use the bathroom.
LeeMS
Salt Bather

Return to Anal Fissure Success Stories