Blistex

Please help others by posting your success story here. Tell us what worked for you, before you move on with your fissure-free life!!

Return to Anal Fissure Success Stories

Re: Blistex

Postby Pained » 11 Dec 2014, 19:10

Alyssa, I'm so sorry for what you've been enduring. I think everyone on this board knows firsthand how painful and debilitating this condition is.

I want to ask if anyone else has tried Dr. Butler's Fissure and Hemorrhoid Ointment? I've been using it for 2-3 weeks and at first I really didn't like using it - the numbness can be uncomfortable. But I got used to it and have been using it a few times a day every day and it seems to be helping a bit. My spasms seem to be less intense, though I do still have some pain and discomfort.

The above said, I'm also wondering if anyone else experiences more pain when stressed? I think stress was the culprit in causing my constipation which caused my recurring fissure(s). And when I get anxious and stressed, my butt starts to throb in pain. I don't manage stress too well, i.e. I tend to hold things inside instead of having outlets for it.
Pained
Fibre Addict

Topics: 2

Postby LeeMS » 03 Jan 2015, 00:41

Pained, I apologize that I have not been around lately. I haven't forgotten either you or Alyssa. What is happening with you since your last post on December 5th?

Alyssa, did you get your Botox injection in December (8th?) like you planned? How are you doing? Let me/us know, ok?
LeeMS
Salt Bather

Postby Alyssa » 03 Jan 2015, 02:36

Lee,

Unfortunately, I'm still not doing well even though I have had Botox into the sphincter because I continue to have the burning pain while sitting.. General ache while standing; I've been to a different physical therapist (2nd opinion) who has pointed out that I have some pelvic misalignments and tight pelvic floor muscles which could be contributing to my pain, she said "the burning pain is nerve pain" but there's no way to know which came first the tight muscles or the nerve pain caused the muscles to contract. My next appointment in January 12 but my doctor has suggested a nerve block... I had an emotional breakdown New Year's Day because whole everyone else is having fun, I'm deing with chronic anal pain (pain cycle) and I don't know what to do to end it! I've been dilating but it's just do freaking painful, the skin in there is do tender to the touch. I was using the wand and crying at the same time; chronic pain is exhausting...
2/14 Fissure developed
3/14 Diagnosed w/ fissure given Nifedipine
4/14 Referred to Pelvic Floor Physical Therapy=Pelvic Floor Dysfunction
5/14 Fissure declared "healed"/chronic anal pain persists
9/5/14 Botox to pelvic floor
9/22 biofeedback
Alyssa
VIP

Topics: 26

Postby LeeMS » 03 Jan 2015, 21:47

Alyssa,

I'm sorry to hear about what's going because I thought you were better by now. I can imagine how you feel and understand how it takes a toll on your mental well being. The pain is tough to deal with and the fact that it's likely to be the same today really challenges your capacity to cope with it. I know.

I was doing better, I think, up until about two weeks ago and thought that I was healing, but I then developed hemmoroid issues so it was either one or the other and that really was disappointing. Today was a good day, but yesterday was a killer, so I never know from day to day how it will be.

I hold out hope that you will find something that will really get you to feel better. I still think that I will find an answer that will make a difference, but now I'm just maintaining and not getting better. Until I can get to that point, then things won't change. When my wife has a procedure next week and we get the results, we will head to Florida for the winter and I'm hoping that things will be better in a warmer climate. We retired in December and we unloaded a lot of stress right there, but so far, I haven't seen real benefits from this scenario.

if I find something that really helps, I'll share it with you and if you do, share with me, ok?

God bless and hope you get better.
LeeMS
Salt Bather

Postby Alyssa » 04 Jan 2015, 02:44

Lee,

Sorry to hear that you continue to suffer too.. I hope things turn out well with your wife's procedure and that you enjoy the weather in Florida. I will definitely share what helps me end this pain cycle... I wish no one experiences this after the fissure has long healed because its a nightmare!
2/14 Fissure developed
9/22 biofeedback
Alyssa
VIP

Postby LeeMS » 04 Jan 2015, 13:24

Alyssa,

Thank you on all counts. I remain optimistic that we will heal this year, somehow, some way.

I will keep you in my thoughts. Keep in touch, ok?
LeeMS
Salt Bather

Postby LeeMS » 06 Feb 2015, 20:54

Alyssa/Pained,

Have not heard anything, so please let me know how you both are doing.
LeeMS
Salt Bather

Postby Pained » 06 Feb 2015, 21:05

Thanks for checking in,

About three weeks ago, I got a prescription for Diltiazem, after going to see a rectal surgeon (though not to seek surgery). Not sure if it's helping but I seem to be slowly healing. As I described to my mother, I think about 60% of the time I feel about 60% better. Then 40% of the time, I probably feel about 40% better. But I know I can relapse at any time, so I'm trying to be cautious.

How are you doing?
Pained
Fibre Addict

Topics: 2

Postby Alyssa » 06 Feb 2015, 21:21

I'm still here... Continue to have "pelvic pain"...:(
2/14 Fissure developed
9/22 biofeedback
Alyssa
VIP

Postby LeeMS » 10 Feb 2015, 21:32

Alyssa/Pained,

I take it that you Alyssa are doing the same? I hope that's not the case.

As far as Pained, it sounds like you have improved, right?

When we got to Florida a few weeks ago, I was hoping that the warmer weather and less stress would really help, but that wasn't the case. I had the fissure issue where it was usually in spasm, but then I was suffering from hemorrhoids so it was where I couldn't stay on my feet for longer than a few minutes without suffering severe pain. I was getting really depressed.

About five days ago and totally frustrated, I felt that none of this shit that I'm taking was doing any good, so I decided to stop taking anything. I use some coconut oil before using the bathroom and that's it. For five days I've used nothing and I've seen much better results and I have no explanation. I'm using nothing and feeling better - what the hell is that? Not sure what tomorrow will bring, but I'll stay with it until I can't.

Still keeping the both of you in my prayers, hoping you will get better.
LeeMS
Salt Bather

Return to Anal Fissure Success Stories