Blistex

Please help others by posting your success story here. Tell us what worked for you, before you move on with your fissure-free life!!

Return to Anal Fissure Success Stories

Re: Blistex

Postby LeeMS » 27 Oct 2014, 20:12

So, is the turmeric working for you?
LeeMS
Salt Bather

Postby LeeMS » 27 Oct 2014, 20:14

Alyssa,

Where are you -- what's going on, girl? Drop a line, ok?
LeeMS
Salt Bather

Postby Pained » 27 Oct 2014, 21:33

i don't know if the turmeric is making a difference. until four days ago, I feeling very encouraged. then didn't have a BM for two days. that scared me! Had one Sunday morning and this morning with no difficulty but with spasms right after and pain for hours. :-(

so I begin again, but I don't give up.
Pained
Fibre Addict

Topics: 2

Postby LeeMS » 27 Oct 2014, 21:46

Pained,

Sorry to hear that.

My situation has improved. I'll tell you what I do: I take a Turmeric capsule in the morning with a coconut oil softgel and then have some applesauce with black pepper. At night, I take another Turmeric capsule and another CO softgel or two with dinner. No applesauce w/pepper. I eat whatever I want and drink lots of water. Last Friday night, we went up to the French Creek tavern for the best chicken wings in the country. Washed them down with some ice-cold Coors and felt ok on Saturday. It didn't set me back a bit.

I'm thinking that I'm doing better and although I still use some Nifedipine, while the chicken wings, uh, Turmeric is working. How far will that get me? I have no idea.
LeeMS
Salt Bather

Postby Pained » 27 Oct 2014, 21:49

Do you think the Nifedipine is a significant factor? I haven't seen a doctor yet and don't have any prescriptions, so I don't know how something like that might help.
Pained
Fibre Addict

Postby LeeMS » 28 Oct 2014, 06:45

Pained,

I believe the Nifedipine helps, but it wasn't doing very much without the Turmeric/coconut oil/black pepper, so I don't know how much of a factor it is realistically. To me, the Turmeric was significant.

I did omit that I also use Colace and prune juice before bedtime in addition to what I mentioned before.
LeeMS
Salt Bather

Postby Pained » 28 Oct 2014, 13:19

OK thanks Lee. I don't use a stool softener but the foods I eat help with that. I try to eat fiber-rich foods and I avoid cheese, chocolate, white flour pasta, etc., of course all of my favorite foods. I'm going to add an extra Turmeric and Coconut Oil supplement in the evening, as I've just been taking one each in the morning with my other supplements.

Now in terms of black pepper, is that just regular table pepper? Do you take it in supplement form or just spoon some into apple sauce?
Pained
Fibre Addict

Postby LeeMS » 28 Oct 2014, 16:16

You are welcome.

The pepper is just typical black pepper that you would keep in a shaker, just like table salt. I just shake some on a couple of tablespoons of applesauce, mix it up and you almost can't taste it.

Evidently, the pepper and the coconut oil aid in the retention of the Turmeric, which wants to just pass through your system.

And where is Alyssa?
LeeMS
Salt Bather

Postby Alyssa » 02 Nov 2014, 14:31

Lee,

I am not getting notifications on this thread... I am still here still having rectal pain! The worst is when I sit for long periods of time, my anus burns. 3 doctors finally agreed that my internal sphincter remains tights which is the reason I continue to be in pain so I will be getting Botox to my sphincter in December.. I really hope that this is what is really the reason I am still in pain despite my fissure being healed months ago.

How are you doing?
2/14 Fissure developed
3/14 Diagnosed w/ fissure given Nifedipine
4/14 Referred to Pelvic Floor Physical Therapy=Pelvic Floor Dysfunction
5/14 Fissure declared "healed"/chronic anal pain persists
9/5/14 Botox to pelvic floor
9/22 biofeedback
Alyssa
VIP

Topics: 26

Postby sweetpea » 02 Nov 2014, 16:37

Could it be that there is a hidden fissure?
i have something of a similar issue, burning sensation, recommended that i do botox.
the CRS found a very tiny fissure... i suspect there is perhaps more.
sweetpea
Salt Bather

Topics: 21

Return to Anal Fissure Success Stories