What made you finally have surgery??

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

What made you finally have surgery??

Postby Juls814 » 19 May 2013, 15:57

Hi all- I'm just wondering what everyone's take is on the surgery? What made you finally say " I'm just gonna do it already.."After a horrendous 3.5 months, I have decided to just have the surgery. For me, the constant battles, good days, bad days..cant eat this, cant go here.. Image ..I scheduled my surgery and admittedly I am super scared, but seem to have been getting so depressed and tired and just want to try to move on..seems like lots of us have the same thoughts..some of you are so brave and strong to deal with this for so long. I give up.I long for the day I can use my sitz bath as a frisbee..
Juls814
Fibre Addict

Topics: 8

Re: What made you finally have surgery??

Postby Kreaybutt » 19 May 2013, 19:20

I laughed reading the part about using your sitz bath as a frisbee! Gotta have a sense of humor in this situation :) I agree with the good and bad days, my ad has only been flares up for two weeks but its a lonnnnnng two weeks, I'd think it'd start to heal up a bit by now but I still feel the tear everyday. Though, I had my first one 5 months ago. It's been an going battle. My husband wants me to look into surgery but I am too scared to go there "/ still hoping I can heal this thing without it. What does your diet consist of? Do you take any stool softener/supplements?
Kreaybutt
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 30

Postby suzyljank » 19 May 2013, 20:14

Hi, what finally made me go was the realization that no matter what I did or how much I wished it I wasn't going to heal on my own. I tried LIS and when it wasn't enough and I kept tearing and healing and I could see my bms getting narrower and narrower I knew I needed help. Surgery is really scary but living a life that was already filled with pain was scarier.
suzyljank

Topics: 23
Mood: very optimistic

Postby Juls814 » 20 May 2013, 05:24

Hi Kreay..I don't know about the velocity of a sitz bath, but It's either that or a conversational centerpiece. I really am sick of that thing lol.My diet is so simple, and so modified that I lost 15 pounds without trying. I am scared of the surgery, but after lurking on the internet and especially this forum, it seems like there are more success stories than not. I agree with Suzy and I seem to be similar in that I too am extremely narrow, and I am wondering if maybe all those years of continuing constipation was a result of that and not only diet. The fissure itself is not as painful as these spasms and after so many months of them, I am defeated and will have the surgery. And thank you Suzy because that is what I keep telling myself. I am sure recovery will be painful but I am dealing with an almost daily struggle of that. It is so depressing and I have had enough. I was actually so excited to have an endoscopy last week just for the 5 minute anesthesia :roll: !
Juls814
Fibre Addict

Topics: 8