Has botox made anyone worse?

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Has botox made anyone worse?

Postby msimon » 20 Aug 2014, 14:30

I just had my third round of botox into the IS and low and behold I am getting worse AGAIN! Only 6 days in. The other 2 times I initially got worse, then it got better, then it wore off and so on...how does anyone heal on this stuff?

I think I retore both my fissures this morning on a soft, barely formed BM. The only thing that doesn't seem to hurt is a bristol 6-7! Impossible to maintain throughout..

I am so frustrated, I tear more and hurt more during BMs after botox but it helps the spasms that some later. But how does this heal a person when it seems to do more damage in the first place? :groan:

Sorry, had to rant. :pray:
Dec '13 Fissure from anoscope
3 X internal sphincter botox
'08-'15 Botox for pelvic floor dysfunction
Nov '14 LIS/sentinel tag removal
Feb '15 Deroofing of recurrent infection from LIS
summer '15-healed but still ongoing muscle dysfunction/pain
msimon

Topics: 64

Re: Has botox made anyone worse?

Postby owmybum » 20 Aug 2014, 15:36

Botox is always tricky at the start. I was not right until the 2week mark, then things seemed to settle down. I was left with awful coccyx pain after my Botox though.... So I'm not your typical case..... I fact my whole ordeal is not your typical case!! Lol
Have you discussed LIS? Maybe you are just super tight???
I must say, a Bristol 6/7 is way to acidic for my bum to tolerate, and it would sting me like mad.
I really hope you start to settle down soon... I can see how distressing it all is for you, and I've been there myself, and it's not a nice place to be!

:smilyhug:
fissure after hem banding and tag removal feb 11
Pelvic floor therapy
Diltiazem
Botox June 13
Nitro
Internal flap July 14
EUA and polyps removed Nov 14
Diagnosed with neuropathy Jan 15
Diagnosed with HS EDS type 3 (causes poor wound healing )
owmybum

Topics: 42
Mood: UGH !

Postby msimon » 20 Aug 2014, 17:02

What do you mean by coccyx pain? I too have noticed that I get this since I have gotten botox into the pelvic floor. Like muscle spasms around the coccyx? Did your pain there get better?

What do you mean by settle down? Did it actually help you?

I actually feel too loose back there. Which is weird because when I go to have a BM it is tight (only at the very bottom-maybe external sphincter?) but prior to that I feel loose like I have to go all the time (internal sphincter?). I guess I am complicated by the other botox I get...I am just so confused and distraught.

When all this botox wears off I am definitely considering LIS. If I last that long. Honestly, I don't know how to keep getting up every day with this all waiting for me each day.

I achieve the loose BMs normally with magnesium but they are sometimes acidic, especially lately as I have been super-stressed and sleep deprived.

Thanks for the well wishes :) Hope you are doing well OMB.
msimon

Postby owmybum » 22 Aug 2014, 04:15

It did settle down, in the way that it stopped the awful spasms... But for me, Botox gave me far more problems. It made my hems all come back with a vengeance, and gave me this awful bruised coccyx pain for a few months after. Obviously, Botox didn't help me one bit. ... But...... That's just me.
We are all different, and you may just find that things get better and better all of a sudden.

I have had this fissure nightmare for 3 years now, and I know how tough it gets... But one thing I'd like to say to you is... That it does get better. I haven't had constant crippling pain for all that time, I've had long periods of manageable discomfort.... And you will get that too. Just ride it out until then xxx
fissure after hem banding and tag removal feb 11
Pelvic floor therapy
Diltiazem
Botox June 13
Nitro
Internal flap July 14
EUA and polyps removed Nov 14
Diagnosed with neuropathy Jan 15
Diagnosed with HS EDS type 3 (causes poor wound healing )
owmybum

Topics: 42
Mood: UGH !

Postby msimon » 22 Aug 2014, 15:52

Thanks OMB. That's funny about the botox making your hems worse because I have found that previously too. Even though my Doc said he thought it would make them better (due to increasing circulation). To me, I would think if you take their support structure away (muscle tone) then they are more able to engorge and prolapse. This is actually one of the reasons that hemmies show up when we get older (we lose muscle tone as we age).

Do you know how much botox you were given? Was it just once? Did your hems settle down when it wore off?

Thanks for the kind words. That is especially sweet given the hard time you are going through right now. :hugs: People like you really inspire me OMB.

I'm just trying to take it one day at a time. And sometimes even just one hour at a time. I'm sure you know what I mean.
msimon