16 weeks after fistulectomy still with discharge

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

16 weeks after fistulectomy still with discharge

Postby lucky2ray » 15 Mar 2013, 08:59

help! is it normal if you still have discharges 16 weeks after your fistulectomy? i had my operation last nov. 28 2012 and still now i have discharges..the disharges is minimal compare on my previous weeks after my operation...sometimes the discharge is color gray, or brownish..but sometimes it is yellowish especially after i have my BM.. please i need advice.. thank you!
lucky2ray

Topics: 1

Re: 16 weeks after fistulectomy still with discharge

Postby richibeno » 15 Mar 2013, 09:36

Hi
Are you on any stool softners' as in movicol or similar
My surgeon said it may cause mine I get very little drainage still 'i had a fistulotomy in Dec '
Do you still get ant aches and throbing ' I still get some specialy after a bm and if I do multi bms I may bet a little blood but my surgeon said I have healed OK may be from a couple of
Hemmorhoids '
richibeno
VIP

Topics: 28

Postby coconut » 15 Mar 2013, 10:21

lucky2ray wrote:help! is it normal if you still have discharges 16 weeks after your fistulectomy? i had my operation last nov. 28 2012 and still now i have discharges..the disharges is minimal compare on my previous weeks after my operation...sometimes the discharge is color gray, or brownish..but sometimes it is yellowish especially after i have my BM.. please i need advice.. thank you!

I heard other people here report that their doctor said a little discharge is normal, even months in. My wounds still have some discharge. Not a lot. Just some mucus-looking stuff. Pretty gross. I have my surgery nine days ago.
Did you have a lot of post-operative pain? If so, how long did it last? I still have indescribable pain on my very soft BMs. Its like the stool is made of acid. Everything that I've read says that it should feel better by now and I'm getting desperate.
coconut
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 12

Postby richibeno » 15 Mar 2013, 10:59

Hey coconut
9 days is very early in recovery terms some people take months and months to recover keep eye on drainage an pain if it get way worse 'se a doctor,
I had a fistulotomy which is different to a lis and evolved some internal sphincter being cut ,its deeper than a lis '
Keep it soft
Here's to great healing
Health an happiness
richibeno
VIP

Topics: 28

Postby lucky2ray » 15 Mar 2013, 11:18

i stop taking stool softeners..there are no more pain now..i only experience pain about 2 weeks post operation...my only problem now is i still have discharge that makes me wear some pantyliners.
lucky2ray

Postby lucky2ray » 15 Mar 2013, 11:20

it's about 3 months now since my operation. and i am worried why do i still have discharge? is it really long for it to be 100% healed?
lucky2ray

Postby praty » 18 Jun 2016, 07:59

Hi All,

I'm facing similar situation. I've had a perianal abscess which was very painful. I was hardly able to walk/sit properly, i.e. reduced to no movement. On the day of the surgery. it burst out on its own but then also I went for the surgery which was alright and the whole area was drained and cleaned. The surgery was done on 18th February, 2016 and the wound almost healed in 8-9 weeks but then I started experiencing pain in the same region after almost 10 weeks of the surgery. There was also a bit of pain and discharge coming through. I went to my CRS again, and after undergoing MRI scan, I was told that it was a low fistula. He further explained that 50% of abscess turn into fistula so that's pretty normal. I just wanted to get rid of all this pain and so I decided to undergo another surgery (called fistulectomy) on 17th May which was less painful than the previous one. The wound has healed properly in about a month and only a small bit is left now. I'm taking sitz baths twice every day and still taking laxative to avoid constipation. I'm also having daily dressings. The healing has been fine until last week and now, I'm experiencing discharge and similar pain (inflammation and needle like pain like before being diagnosed with abscess) after every bowel movement. There isn't any blood in the discharge but there are some stool particles. There are also some brown/yellow coloured stuffs which looks like puss with foul smell. Is that normal or is there any chance that I might have another fistula/abscess? I'm a bit worried as I don't want to go through all of that again. Last 6-7 months have been really painful.

Any help/suggestions/tips is greatly appreciated.

Thanks a lot.
praty
Fibre Addict

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion