2 BMs within 2 hours??

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

2 BMs within 2 hours??

Postby Guest » 24 Jun 2007, 09:21

Hello all,

Well for the past 3 days I have had rough mornings. I would have 1 BM around 6:30am and I would be ok, I would use my creams and feel pretty good. But within 2 hours I would have another BM very loose and soft and then within the hour the spasms would start. i have had to go back to Advil for the past 3 days to help out with the pain. I drink prune juice before I go to bed and a small glass for breakfast. Do you think this is to much? I don't eat much all day but what I do it is very healthy water, fruits veggies one serving of meat and I try eat every few hours.
What are your thoughts?? Thanks for any input.

BBG
Patty

Re: 2 BMs within 2 hours??

Postby Guest » 24 Jun 2007, 09:41

Hey Patty-
I am checking in from Colorado. I just can't keep away from you guys!
I am wondering if the second bm of the day hurts more since it is loose like that. I know for me I can have burning pretty much most of the day when that happens as residue can be left behind if it is too runny. Maybe you should try cutting down on the amount of prune juice you have night. Maybe half that and see how you do. I know it is frustrating!
I am trying to stay on my af diet out here but you know its hard when everyone is chowing down on pizza and I am eating a salad and fruit! I have been eating salads drizzled with flaxseed oil and that seems to help. Do you think you might want to try that instead of the prune juice? It won't make your bowels runny but it will coat them so it is easier.

Postby Guest » 24 Jun 2007, 09:47

Lecia,
I am glad you are doing well. Keep eating healthy. I know it's hard because pizza is my fav. You might be right I will cut back on the prune juice. It seems to help though I have not had colace all week. Plus the fiber is bulking up the stool but it does not bother me. I might be drinking to much prune juice. What kind of flax seed oil capsules??
Thanks for checking in I hope you have a great vacation you deserve it!!!
BBG
Patty
P.S.
I love the Soy Milk I have it with all my cereals now!! Even a little in the oatmeal :) Take Care...

Postby Guest » 24 Jun 2007, 10:13

Hey Patty,
I actually use a liquid form of flax seed oil for salads and stirfrys. It you can find organic, high lignan content that is the best. I also take capsules if I am not eating it. Really any brand will do. I try to get the organic kind and I found some at Eckerds drugstore.
Glad you like the soy milk-take care and I will chat with you soon.
Lecia

Postby Deleted User 5 » 24 Jun 2007, 11:42

Yes, having a second BM can spoil what starts out as a good day. If that pattern continued, I would try to figure out which BM was putting out the largest volume of stool and just go at that time...although I have read that AF sufferers should never put off having a BM, so I don't know if my advice is good or not.
Have you tried MOM, or asked your Dr. about it?
Deleted User 5

Postby Guest » 24 Jun 2007, 11:57

Kim,

What is MOM exactly? My problem is not a hard stool. In fact they have been pretty tolerable. It's just when I have that second one it might be a little too soft and then I have the pain. I am not eating alot, but I am eating good. It seems I BM alot. I was wondering if the prune juice was doing it. Hmmm this is puzzling to me. I even cut out the melon and have stawberries, peaches and 1/2 banana. So I am not sure what I am doing wrong. I wish we could have 1 BM in the moring and be done for that day. But for me that is always notthe case..

BBG
Patty

Postby mypoopyhurtsme » 24 Jun 2007, 14:42

You might want to look at the balance in your diet. Many people consider this breakdown to be a healthy diet: 50-60% whole grains, 30% veggies (cooked generally), 10% fruits/other. If you're eating a lot of fruit in relation to everything else, that could potentially be causing loose stool. Of course, I'm no expert. So take my advice with a grain of salt...or better yet, take it with a grain of fiber...
steve
mypoopyhurtsme
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 21

Postby Deleted User 5 » 24 Jun 2007, 14:46

The prune juice is a natural laxative. Pure and simple. I would stop using it completely for a day or two and see it that solves the problem.
MOM is just milk of magnesia, but if your stools are already soft, you don't need it.
I think people who regularly have more than 1 BM a day (like me) have somehow trained their bodies to do this, albeit unintentionally.
But oddly, back when I had the fissure, although I generally just had one BM a day, when I did have the second one later in the day, I would have no pain but some bleeding, which I didn't normally have. Go figure!
Last edited by Deleted User 5 on 24 Jun 2007, 15:15, edited 1 time in total.
Deleted User 5

Postby Guest » 24 Jun 2007, 14:59

Hello,

Kim,

Yes I think I will cut back on the prune juice. I think That is my problem. Than Maybe when I have a second bm it will be later in the day and maybe not so painfull..Thanks

Steve,

I eat 2/3 servings of fruit a day but a small serving 1/2 banana, a small bowl of strawberries. I have at least 2 cups of veggies too. I will try to modify a ilttle and see what happens. Thanks for the response.

Patty

Postby mypoopyhurtsme » 24 Jun 2007, 16:11

yeah, you know i've been some reading on nutrition lately, and I was actually suprised to find out that, according to the sources I read, you're supposed to eat more veggies than fruits -- it's not a 50/50 sort of thing (which is what I always thought it was).
of course, everyone's different to some degree, and what works for one person might not work for another.
good luck!
mypoopyhurtsme
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 21