2 LIS surgeries...

Please help others by posting your success story here. Tell us what worked for you, before you move on with your fissure-free life!!

Return to Anal Fissure Success Stories

2 LIS surgeries...

Postby Bajan1 » 16 Dec 2013, 13:00

Hi All...
I have been on and off this remarkable site for a few years. And to 'whoever' dreamed up this support group, please take a very deep bow...you deserve it. It helped me through the darkest days of my life.
I am a 59 year old male and developed a fissure about three years ago.
The readers digest version, is basically...I did the Dr. bit with my g.p....I did research myself on the net and found a clinic in Toronto that specifically dealt with fissures and issues with the rectum.
For those in Ontario...check out the Rudd Clinic.
Anyway, I was referred there by my G.P...
They did the basic examination and decided to preform an LIS procedure after trying creams, etc...which for me was more painful than the fissure.
The LIS did not do the trick for me...went back and the Rudd referred me to a Dr. at the North York general Hospital...
Went to see him. Botox injections ($450.00)...didn't work.
We talked about a second LIS and he had concerns about incontinence.
Decided to go ahead.
Second LIS preformed.
..Now...after about a two month slow recovery (mostly due to fear)...I am better.
It has actually been about 1 year since, and I have my life back, as others have said. There has never been a more debilitating consistent problem that I have encountered.
For those contemplating LIS...don't hesitate. It (for me) ended the pain and every day after the surgery was a little bit better, until now...and things are 99%.
Still have the odd day, but a daily evening dose of Metamucil, and things are good.
Good luck to anyone, and for those in the Toronto area, if you want to email me directly about the Rudd clinic and/or the Dr. at the North York general Hospital...feel free.
[email protected]
All the best,
Steve
Bajan1

Topics: 1

Re: 2 LIS surgeries...

Postby owmybum » 16 Dec 2013, 13:14

I remember you from a while back....... Thanks for popping on and updating us.
I'm so glad you are doing so well and have got your life back!!

There's hope for me yet! Lol

OMB x
fissure after hem banding and tag removal feb 11
Pelvic floor therapy
Diltiazem
Botox June 13
Nitro
Internal flap July 14
EUA and polyps removed Nov 14
Diagnosed with neuropathy Jan 15
Diagnosed with HS EDS type 3 (causes poor wound healing )
owmybum

Topics: 42
Mood: UGH !

Postby Hae1210 » 23 Apr 2014, 16:57

Thank you for writing that post I had my first LIS in December and it looks like I will be having another next month I will see the surgeon next Thursday to find out and after reading a lot of things on the computer I am petrified that I will never heal :-( Iam just turned 40 and Iam getting married in November and the last 6 months have been hell! This forum has really helped with positive support and information.
Hae1210
Fibre Addict

Postby Bajan1 » 23 Apr 2014, 17:47

Hae1210...
I had the same feelings that it will never heal, but just took things one day at a time, and it did. I am sure things will be good with you in time. I would suggest that you talk to your Dr. about the Metamucil. I take it religiously, and it really helps keep things as they should be. I am on zero restrictions with diet...
Good luck in the future. keep me posted and if you would like to talk to me over email, no problem at all.
[email protected]
All the best,
Steve
Bajan1

Postby Ray » 22 May 2014, 16:32

Glad to hear it. Nice to know there will be a day when it is gone I hope, I too am a 59 yr. old male, and have to make decisions with doctor about next step, creams etc. haven't worked, LIS sound s scary, but can't keep going on like this.
Ray
Fibre Addict

Topics: 2

Postby Bajan1 » 22 May 2014, 18:12

Ray...
All I can say, is go for it. Nothing good is going to happen by doing nothing, and once you get the surgery done...every day is better than the last.
Creams, botox, etc., did nothing for me. I know we are all different...but for me, the creams and 'special diet' was not in my lifestyle. I worked as a safety supervisor on bridge demolition, and was on my feet all day in a physical job with a 'Jonnie-on-the-spot" for a bathroom. Not pretty and no fun.
It has been a bit of a journey, but once done, I have never looked back with regret.
Good luck to you.
If you ever want to email me privately, no worries...glad to elaborate.
[email protected]
All the best...
Steve
Bajan1

Postby mmklinemm » 13 Mar 2018, 13:05

This is an inspiring post! Having just gone through my second LIS, it's good to know others have finally healed. I hope you're still doing well, Steve. :)
mmklinemm
VIP

Topics: 13