2 years with AF, what do I have now?

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

2 years with AF, what do I have now?

Postby Guy_ » 21 Feb 2017, 09:15

Hello guys,
first let me say that I've been silently watching this place for a long time, it's a great source of information and comfort. I believe that maybe only people that had to deal with these problems can truly understand how hard it can be sometimes.

I'm 26 years old. I was told I have AF two years ago, after I felt excruciating pain down there. During the time that passed, I did everything to try and heal that fissure, Nifedipine, Glyceryl, self dilation, Botox injection, took fiber supplements, gone through it all - except LIS, which I was terrified from. I'm not sure when it happened, but my symptoms got better, but there's still something wrong.
I still seem to go through cycles of better and worse times. When I'm in the toilet, I feel a burning sensation that is somewhat different from the being-ripped feeling that I used to have when I had a fully active fissure. After the BM I don't feel pain like before - only during. Occasionally there's blood, though not much of it. I saw a number of doctors, they all said they no longer see a fissure, and they could offer no explanation.
I don't know what it is that I have. I thought it could be a small fissure, too small for the doctors to see, and if they can't see it, they can't treat it, even if I wanted to have LIS. I thought it could be hemorrhoids, but in that case I should have been feeling pain not only during BM, and would expect to suffer more bleeding. I even considered that it's a psychologically inflicted problem, but that doesn't seem likely.
When I try and insert a finger, it goes inside without any pain, and there isn't any specific sore spot.
Now the only "treatment" that I'm on is watching what I eat, and I sometimes lubricate before BMs.

It's hard, not knowing what I have, and not seeing any solution in sight.

I would be happy if someone could offer any advice, or share if your'e in a similar situation :thankyou:
Guy_

Topics: 1

Re: 2 years with AF, what do I have now?

Postby patience_and_healing » 12 Mar 2017, 00:32

It may be residual pain from the fissure site. Also since the skin is probably thinner it bleeds easier. Have you had a full anoscope exam?
8/16-12/16: Fissure due to antibiotics
5/17: Botox to sphincter, fissure healed
9/19: Trigger point injections and pudendal nerve block
11/19: Botox to pelvic floor
8/20: Botox to pelvic floor in new location.
On and off in pelvic physical therapy
patience_and_healing

Topics: 40

Re: 2 years with AF, what do I have now?

Postby GilmoreGirl » 12 Mar 2017, 09:39

I find that my rectum can get easily inflamed - maybe from using creams etc for fissure for so long. I've found two things to really help with the burning feeling during bm:

Prep H cooling gel (it has an applicator so you can apply inside)

Anusol + pain relief suppositories (used nightly)

Although I still have spasms, these have made bms more comfortable.

-GG
GilmoreGirl
VIP

Topics: 18