24 Hours post-op

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Re: 24 Hours post-op

Postby Guest » 27 Sep 2010, 11:40

Thanks so much for posting. It's so good to see you doing so well.
I'm trying to keep my spirits up...Only 7 more days left. I'm thinking the tag removal will put me a little further behind but you have really been helpful and encouraging with your recovery and answering my questions.
I really am so appreciative of your posts! Take care also.

Postby Philber » 28 Sep 2010, 05:47

It's great that you are healing so nicely. I'm sure your diet has a lot to do with it. I think you are the first person I have heard from that did not have any pain with BMs after LIS. That's great!
Philber
Salt Bather

Topics: 3

Postby Deleted User 428 » 28 Sep 2010, 15:03

Thanks Philber.
The only thing I feel is the incision site when things stretch out a little during a BM and that's not too bad. Just a slight sting. I still jump in the tub after each though, just in case, but I haven't had any problems yet. I'm on Day 4 post-op.
Deleted User 428

Postby Guest » 28 Sep 2010, 15:38

Good to see your making progress and still doing well SC.
God knows I needed to see stories like yours :)
I have read a lot of old posts though and found some people who did as well as you have even w/ the tag removal. It's very encouraging. I talked to a lady that I go to church w/ this morning and she told me about her husband having lis years ago and he said it was the best thing he ever did.
I think you are doing amazingly well.

Postby Deleted User 428 » 29 Sep 2010, 10:15

Thanks Dawn.
Hang in there. I know you are going to do well with this too. It was one week ago today that I drove in to my CRS to ask about the surgery and that drive was excruciating because my AF was in full "flare up" mode. Two days later I was on the table and today I couldn't be happier with the outcome.
The incision site is the only thing I feel now. The stitches are slowly disolving and falling out and that leaves things a little tender. I'm still sitting on one cheek most of the time. :) But I can deal with that over what I was going through last Wednesday.
Keep your spirits up. This will all be a memory soon. A memory you will probably want to forget but still it will all be behind you.
Take care.
Deleted User 428

Postby Guest » 29 Sep 2010, 11:02

Thanks SC,
The crs office called today to see if they could move my appointment from Monday the 4th to Tuesday the 5th because the doctor had an emergency operation for someone with cancer. Reminded me of how lucky we all are that even though this is no fun, we have a lot to be thankful for.
I am ready for this to be a memory though :)
So glad to hear you are still recovering well.

Postby Deleted User 428 » 29 Sep 2010, 11:19

Ugh. Nothing like prolonging the anxiety but I still think you will find that the anxiety and worry about the surgery will be worse than the procedure.
You're right. As deep as we are in this misery we do need to stop and be reminded that there are worse things to deal with. I have a close friend who is dealing with ovarian cancer. She is a strong person and hasn't complained once about her condition. Me on the other hand, I can't whine enough about my sore butt. Makes you think.
Deleted User 428

Postby Guest » 29 Sep 2010, 11:50

Yes the anxiety is overwhelming(lol) and I'm holding on to the fact that I am making it worse than it will be!
You have been so helpful and encouraging. I don't expect that I won't have any pain or discomfort with this procedure but some of the post I have read made me horrified. I know each experience is different and everyones pain tolerance varies BUT many have been horrific. They tend to stand out in my mind more than the positive....
I'm not expecting a quick fix just hoping for manageable pain and healing....
Thanks so much SC for sticking around.

Postby NeuropathicGuy » 02 Oct 2010, 02:52

Hey SC, just wanted to say that it's great to hear how well you're doing. So looks like you're making your plane trip after all then eh? :)
NeuropathicGuy
King Fissure

Topics: 45

Postby Deleted User 428 » 02 Oct 2010, 17:28

Thanks NG.
Actually we cancelled the trip for a different reason but I think I would have been up for it anyway.
Things are still doing really well with the recovery. I can still feel the incision but that gets less and less each day. My AF gives me a little itch once in a while too to let me know that it's still there but I think it's on it's way out. I imagine it will still take some weeks for my AF to completely heal but it doesn't even bother me in the least now.
Thanks again for the well wishes.
Deleted User 428