24 Hours post-op

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Re: 24 Hours post-op

Postby StevePain » 03 Oct 2010, 02:42

Nice positive post SC, I hope you continue healing, best wishes from across the pond!
StevePain
King Fissure

Topics: 45

Postby Guest » 07 Oct 2010, 21:03

Hey SC,
Just checking in to see how you're doing? :)

Postby Deleted User 428 » 08 Oct 2010, 10:52

Still doing great. Two weeks post-op today. Thanks.
I can still feel the incision a little but it's more of a mild itch than anything. My wife asked me yesterday on a scale of 0-10 what I feel like today as compared to that Wednesday before my surgery. I said a 0. I really physically feel 1000% better.
On the other hand, I still have a pretty big fear of this thing returning. I still tense up on the toilet expecting the worst but thank God that has been smooth sailing (so to speak). I think the fear comes from the ups and downs I experienced prior to the surgery. I'm sure that will ease in time too. It just shows you the mental toll this condition has on you. Nobody would ever understand this if they didn't go through it.
Your "Freedom" day is getting closer. I'm really sorry you had to wait but believe me you will be so glad you had this done. Keep your spirits up. I keep an eye on the forum every day. I'm with you through the whole thing.
Deleted User 428

Postby Guest » 08 Oct 2010, 17:55

That's awesome news! You have really done great :)
I can totally understand the tensing up with the bathroom experience. It really does take a toll on you.
Your support and encouragement means more than words can say. I truly believe God put you ahead of me for a reason. I'm looking forward to my "freedom". I will never take a day of being healthy for granted again.

Postby Guest » 28 Oct 2010, 20:47

Hey SC,
Just checking in to see how your doing? Have you had your follow up appointment yet?
I'm sure your fissure is healed as well as you have done with your lis Image