3 day post surgery progress

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

3 day post surgery progress

Postby Guest » 05 May 2007, 09:39

Yesterday , I had 4 BMs and after the 1st I passed virtually no blood. The blood that was passsed was from the surgical site (i believe) , there was no pain with the passing of the motion. Only with the second of the day was there any AF burning and that was minimal in comparison to pre surgery. All were soft but not "loose" ie no diahrea.
The last time at approx 10 pm last night I did not even feel the need to hop in the tub and soak afterward. That was a milestone. First time since back in March that I have not been compelled to do that. (REAL PROGRESS)
Today , likewise, I had no pain with the passing of the stool but I did pass blood , convinced that it is from the surgical site. Starting to get some "itchiness" down there. Had a bit of diahrea this AM so I may cut back just a little on the stool softener.
I have been up for 5.5 hours and have not needed to take any pain reliever . I have taken two sitz bathes and they are really helping particularly the ones with the little bowl that you put over the commode.
In viewing the totality of the circumstances, improvement is steady and significant. Like Kim has said many times on here, the spasming which I think is the real debilitating condition (it was for me anyway) ends immediately after the surgery . The post surgery discomfort (and I use that word purposely because in comparison to the spasming it cannot qualify as PAIN only discomfort) is very managable .
IF YOU ARE SUFFERING WITH SPASMS SERIOUSLY LOOK AT HAVING THE SURGERY!! I am awfully glad I did and only wish that I had earlier (and i only suffered with it for approx. 5 weeks)
GOD Bless All!!

Re: 3 day post surgery progress

Postby Guest » 05 May 2007, 12:19

Yes, that sounds like real progress, WA!
The itchiness is typically a sign of healing so that is amazing you are already progressing to that stage!
I am glad you are managing so well and that you are here to share your story with others. I think it will give a lot of hope to those facing surgery.
Wishing you are speedy recovery,
L.

Postby Deleted User 5 » 05 May 2007, 12:23

Just keep in mind, MB, that your fissure is no more healed, for the most part, than it was a week ago. But in 4-weeks, it will be. So for the next couple months continue to take care of it through diet, water, baths, and not sitting on it more than necessary.
The spasms were the real problem for me, too, so you are near the end of the tunnel now and the light is getting very bright!
Must go, take care now.
Kim
Deleted User 5

Postby Guest » 06 May 2007, 18:20

MB, how much stool softener are you taking?
I'm only taking one each night....
S

Postby Guest » 06 May 2007, 21:09

Suzy,
I am taking a full dose of miralax each morning and two colace in the am and two colace in the evening, some days just one in the evening. That is more than the Doc directed he said miralax and 100 mg of colace 2x per day.