6 weeks post-op...WILL THE PAIN EVER STOP?? Losing my mind!!

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

6 weeks post-op...WILL THE PAIN EVER STOP?? Losing my mind!!

Postby TiredOfHurting » 12 Jun 2014, 15:54

My fissurectomy was on April 30th...I believe that puts me 6 weeks post op as of yesterday...I have good days and bad days...Mainly BAD! Please someone tell me this is normal...My doctor says it is...But I just need some other opinions...THIS SUCKS so bad!! There seems to always be a dull, achy feeling....Then sometimes it hurts to stand for a long time. I have a toddler I should be in the floor chasing right now..And I am doing good to barely tend to her, much less any extra. I feel like a HORRIBLE mother right now. And I just want to be better. She and I are both suffering...Not to mention my poor husband and older kids. I feel like crap most of the time. I am angry because of the pain, and also the fecal incontinence has seemed to stepped up too! All this is still "normal" according to my doctor...But I am sorry...having to wear a panty liner because you may or may not have a small liquidy brown leak in your pants is no way near normal for me, or acceptable!! I am a prisoner to my home right now because of this! Pain and disgustingness is what this has reduced me too! I have to say I am in LESS pain than before the surgery...BUT...Not enough to shout up and down about...Please someone give me some hope...I am losing it. I also would like some diet tips....I think I am not eating the right stuff still. I keep trying different ways of eating and taking fiber, but it seems to be too much or too little...It's just so overwhelming when all I want to do is just run outside and scream because my ass hurts so damn bad!!!! sorry for the rant! no one at my house understands what I am going through, or has any support!
TiredOfHurting

Topics: 3

Re: 6 weeks post-op...WILL THE PAIN EVER STOP?? Losing my mi

Postby Roidsfizzman » 12 Jun 2014, 17:20

Hi TOH,
I am also 6 weeks post LIS and this week I had my first two days of no pain in the last two days, but I am not having near the issues that you are having. I felt your pain when reading your post and I am so sorry that you have to go through this. There is still hope that it will get better as some people do take longer. I eat no red meet or cheese. I had a real difficult time getting my stools the right size and texture. I had to create a base, so I started with a all fiber diet with oat meal and fruit in the morning. I know that oatmeal would give me soft stools and did not create bulk. The following is what I did to get the needed stool size: the all fiber did not work because the stools were too large, so I added in a little none fiber for lunch and monitored the stool for size and if the stools were still too large I added in a little none fiber for dinner. I added or subtracted none fiber to get the desired stool size. I also did the same thing with MiraLax as I started at the recommend dose and I added or subtracted the dose to get the desired stool texture. I also found the best time for me to take the MiraLax was with dinner as I could count on a BM the first thing in the morning. I hope there is some thing hear that you can try to help you. I did drink 64oz plus of water each day.
What is causing your incontinence watery stools? I have had only minor stool leakage, but it does not get onto my shorts. When I get the urge, I only have a few minutes to get to the restroom.
Roidsfizzman
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 4

Postby Jbl22424 » 13 Jun 2014, 11:05

Hi TOH - Have you thought about getting a second opinion from another CRS? I really think it would help. Maybe that doc will recommend ways to speed up recovery or at worst, he/she can tell you to just keep waiting like your current doc. I can't imagine anything bad coming of it. I always felt better when I could take control of my own healing and recovery by proactively reaching out to folks that may have been able to help me.
Developed fissure from constipation due to breastfeeding 7 weeks after delivery (Jan 2014)
Nifedepine
Colace
Magnesium
Miralax - godsend
Nitro - some improvement
LIS (May 2014) - cured for 3 months then setback
Diltiazem
Feeling better for now
Jbl22424
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 9

Postby owmybum » 13 Jun 2014, 14:10

I'm sorry to hear things feel no better for you. I know it's so so hard trying to look after the family and young children when you just have so much pain radiating from your backside.... You are doing a great job just hanging on in there and keeping going for them.

I agree with jbl22424.... I think it may be wise to get a second opinion... A fresh pair of eyes on things..... The worst that can happen is they say just give it more time.

As for diet... It's a really tricky one, as everyone's digestive systems are so different. I just try and have a really good balance of foods. Plenty of veggies every day.... I don't avoid anything but white bread, but that's mainly down to the fact it gives me migraines. Plenty of fluids is very important too. I take movicol ( mirilax) and find that really helps keep things soft and easy to pass.

OMB x
fissure after hem banding and tag removal feb 11
Pelvic floor therapy
Diltiazem
Botox June 13
Nitro
Internal flap July 14
EUA and polyps removed Nov 14
Diagnosed with neuropathy Jan 15
Diagnosed with HS EDS type 3 (causes poor wound healing )
owmybum

Topics: 42
Mood: UGH !

Postby Flaneur » 14 Jun 2014, 08:24

Hi TOH, hope you've had a good day today. I understand completely where you're coming from, though I'm only 9 days post fissurectomy and botox. Like you, i feel I'm neglecting my little ones, and am short tempered with them due to pain. I've started following the low FODMAP diet, for a week now. I have oatmeal for breakfast, usually soaked overnight in water and natural yoghurt. I either add fruit and eat it cold or add fruit and coconut oil and blend it to a smoothie. Like you, I'm trying to work out the best diet plan to keep my bms soft and not too bulky.
Are you using gtn cream?
Flaneur
Salt Bather

Topics: 11