7 mos post LIS

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

7 mos post LIS

Postby buttgirl » 15 Oct 2008, 21:06

Hi Everyone,
I know I have not been around much lately--been busy with the new job and new life. But I do remember wishing to hear success stories when i was in the awful throws of my bottom suffering, so I thought I would post a note to let you know that I haven't forgotten about you, but also to let you know that i am doing well.
Oct. 13 marked 7 mos since my LIS. It seems like an eternity ago. About a month ago, the last traces of consistent pain vanished. Im not sre what happened, but one day i applied some lanolin to the area and it hasn't hurt since. i still do get a shocking twinge every now and then, but it is not connected to any action (liek bm or standing) and feels more like touch memory than a wound. I think my rear is paying tricks on me. I am still diligent with my magnesium pills. I take 500mg.day and that aseems to keep everything soft and regular enough for me. I take on tablespoon of benefiber every monring in my tea and otherwise just eat healthy. I can drink again and have really been enjoying my wine and whiskey (perhaps too much). I still haven't got up the gumption to try red wine. That was the #1 alcohol taboo for me, I think because it is so astringent.
I still have pain in my hip, but it seems unrelated. It focuses more just below where the lower back meets the pelvic bone and them into the hip socket itself. I am going to the dr for this again soon. for a while they thought it was an ovarian cyst, but an ultrasound has since confirmed that there is not cyst.
So basically, I guess what I am saying is that for the first time in nearly three years, I feel healthy (knock on major amounts of wood). It's hard an unpleasant to remember that this time last year, I was really suffering. I remember thinking last Halloween that I would treat myself to a few glasses of wine and try not to think abou the pain they would cause me in the morning.
I guess I am also saying that 6 mos post-LIS was the magic time for me. It is like I got new lease on life.
I wish drs. didn't say 6-8 weeks. Sometimes it takes much longer than that, like 6-8 mos.
thanks for all your support through the suffering. I would have been lost without you all.
Image Image :mrt:
buttgirl
King Fissure

Topics: 67

Re: 7 mos post LIS

Postby Fissulyna » 15 Oct 2008, 21:56

What a wonderful surprise and even more wonderful news Image Image Image Image !!!!!
It is just GREAT to hear from somebody healed - nothing gives hope more than story like this one Image !!!! I am so happy for you Chris - you have no idea Image !!! Yessssss Image - enjoy your life dear buddy and stop by from time to time to give us hope and the boost like this Image !
Well, this Halloween , I guess , you will be able to make up for it all Image Image Image !!!
YOU GO GIRL !!!!!!
XOXOXOXOXOXOXOOOOOOOOOOooooooo....
Fissulyna
VIP

Topics: 61

Postby cherylk » 15 Oct 2008, 21:57

BG,
You have just given hope and encouragement to so many who are recovering from LIS. Glad to hear of your good news and healing.
cheryl
cherylk
VIP

Topics: 46

Postby val » 16 Oct 2008, 01:05

Image I'm so very happy for you Chris, thats absolutely wonderful news. Image
Image glad you're enjoying your new job and life is being kind to you! Its great that you will be able to party on Halloween this year!
And thanks for giving hope to everyone whose butts are misbehavin'!!
XX
val
King Fissure

Topics: 86

Postby Guest » 16 Oct 2008, 06:33

Yea! Image I am so happy you are able to come back and post a positive report for us here. That healing does happen but not necessarily in the unrealistic interval that doctors give that lead many of us into despair when we don't fit the "best case scenario" presented.
That is wonderful that you have a new lease on life and you feel healthy. Hopefully they can figure out what the pain is in your hip/back area soon.
Thanks again for checking in and infusing some new hope into the boards! :healthy: Image

Postby Jo » 16 Oct 2008, 07:56

Hi Chris,
So glad things are going well for you.
It's great to hear some positive news!
Thanks for stopping in.
:happyhalloween
Jo
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 5

Postby Guest » 16 Oct 2008, 08:28

Hi Buttgirl
So pleased to hear you are doing well and your pain is becoming a distant memory at last !
The Whiskey should help ! Image
Congratulations on the new job/new life !

Postby juney » 16 Oct 2008, 12:22

yay chris!! i'm so happy for you! it's been a long road for you, but you are a true story of successful healing after so much suffering. inspirational to us all. I'm glad you're well! Image
juney
King Fissure

Topics: 36

Postby buttgirl » 16 Oct 2008, 19:58

Thanks everyone!
buttgirl
King Fissure

Topics: 67

Postby Fissulyna » 17 Oct 2008, 13:52

hey BG - while you are still "on this page" lol - did you use lanolin inside or outside - I guess it would be my question through eternity Image and where did you get it ? Image
Fissulyna
VIP

Topics: 61