A bit earlier than I thought..

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

A bit earlier than I thought..

Postby Guest » 15 May 2007, 18:49

I went in for my pre-op appointment today, thinking that my surgery would be this Thurs. Well to my surprise, the surgery is tomorrow! They thought someone had notified me, but nope... no one had. Oh well.
I'm nervous ass (hehe) hell and I fear all the things that everyone else feared. I hope everything goes well and I am in the most minimal pain possible during my recup.
Wish me luck!

Re: A bit earlier than I thought..

Postby Guest » 15 May 2007, 18:53

Wow-well at least you get to get it over with! And think your pain will soon be history!
You will be fine and I will keep you in my prayers tomorrow. Let us know how it goes and if you need anything and try not to be nervous. They will take good care of you and you get to park your butt on the couch when you get home and watch cheesy tv or read a book for fun!
Are you done with school this semester?
Good luck with everything,
Lecia

Postby Guest » 15 May 2007, 19:46

YOUR GONNA DO GREAT!!!
I'll be praying for you too. Your gonna be surprized by how little pain you will have after the surgery in comparison to the pain you have been living with. Just be sure to keep taking the miralax or some other type stool softerner like colace or maybe both and fiber and water to keep the stool soft.
With that in mind your recovery will be a breeze! I am tickled for you! You are about to get your life back. YOU wait and see.
GOD Bless You and Keep You!!
WA

Postby Deleted User 5 » 16 May 2007, 05:43

Just relax, all your pain and anal misery is about to come to an end.
Please check with us and let us know how it went, before you get the rest you will need. You're probably on the table right now as I'm writing this...we are all praying for you and just keep uo the diet and water and stool softeners like MB said when you get home!
Good luck and Godspeed!
Kim
Deleted User 5

Postby Guest » 16 May 2007, 09:51

Good luck, and hope everying goes well. I'm just 2 days ahead of you, so we can compare healing notes as we both get better. Gotta say - I'm in way less pain now than I was when the fissure was acting up. It's worth it.
Robin
P.S. First person to go cross country bike riding wins!

Postby Deleted User 5 » 16 May 2007, 10:41

It's worth it.
Boy, is it EVER!!
Good luck to both of you!![/i]
Deleted User 5

Postby Guest » 16 May 2007, 11:47

Good luck to you, you will do great! The recovery is very easy compared to what you are expecting! Just keep your movements soft and you will be A-OK!!
S

Postby Guest » 16 May 2007, 15:49

Good Luck to you!!! You will find out it is a breeze compared to the spasms caused by the fissure. I wish you well and my God Bless You.!!
Sheri

Postby Guest » 16 May 2007, 15:49

Happy surgery!

All done!

Postby Guest » 16 May 2007, 17:34

Hi everyone!
The surgery itself was no problem pretty much because they had me sedated. I had sedation and local anesthesia.
I've been sleeping most of the day. I had some soreness so I took one vicodin, but took a stool softener right after it. I've been having jello and soup. I'm uncomfortable, but I'm not in excruitating pain. However, that may be due to the pain meds.
I seem to have a lot of bleeding, is this normal the first day? At what point should I remove the dressings and take a shower or sit in a sitz bath?
I have no problem urinating. I have however found the need to have a bm, but have been afraid to since I just had the surgery this morning.
I've been drinking tons of water and have taken citrucel. Any other suggestions?
Thank you all so so so much for your kind words. You are all such god sends. Image