advice on surgery

Chronic fisure need advice on surgery option

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Re: advice on surgery

Postby Mypoorbutt » 20 Dec 2016, 06:26

Hi Katie,
Can you see or feel a new tear as blood isn't always bad it does show you are getting a healthy blood flow to the area...mine never bled after the first two weeks or after Botox and LIS and my CRS said that shows how tight my sphincter is.
They won't do a pressure test until your Botox has completely run out or you will get a false reading...which could end up in you not getting LIS.
How is your pain today
Mypoorbutt

Topics: 20

Postby Becka456 » 20 Dec 2016, 06:51

I can't see a tear just the blood when I wiped and feels more painful today still straining to Finnish isn't helping :( oh I forgot about that damm I'm dreading the Botox wearing off then having a tear while I'm waiting in starting to panic already!
Becka456
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 6

Postby Mypoorbutt » 20 Dec 2016, 07:01

Ah more pain isn't good Hun, if it makes you feel any better I had my Botox in June and was still spasm free in October as long as my bowel behaved. You also shouldn't have to wait too long for your LIS. If I were you I would see my GP about getting referred for the biofeedback as if you can get the straining sorted before the LIS then you will heal much quicker. I wish I had gone on my amitryptiline before I had the LIS.
Mypoorbutt

Postby Becka456 » 20 Dec 2016, 07:05

I hope so! Will the LIS help with the straining? I'm on amitryptline, been on it for 11 years for my ibs I weaned myself of gabapentin only take 1 a day now but part of me feels like going back on them.. just feeling really fed up now, I'm meant to be going travelling for a month in summer next year now thinking maybe I should cancel, I went away last year and it was really tough like this x
Becka456
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Mypoorbutt » 20 Dec 2016, 07:24

I don't know if LIS will stop the staining...I still strain when my IBS flares it's like my whole body is trying to expel my intestines...it still did it the first two weeks after LIS but it was a bad glare up. I tried amitryptiline last year but my liver didn't like it so I'm on a low dose but it seems to be helping a lot. Could you maybe add another gabapentin in....I haven't needed it since the amitryptiline started working but I know it was the only thing that has helped with the pain. It does wear you down how can it not it's day in day out worry, but don't give up try and get your surgeon to give you a date for LIS and if it two months before your travel date I wouldn't cancel, we cany let this awful thing dictate our whole life, you can take your meds away with you if needed but I bet after LIS you will feel so much better, you can heal your body has shown you that it can so don't lose hope, you will get better xx
Mypoorbutt

Postby Katie » 20 Dec 2016, 08:14

I had my pressure test just before I had my bottox I throught you needed it done before so they know how much bottox to use?? I'm feeling really sore today my fistula feels a bit bigger and my bottom cheek were my fistula is feels sore so I'm really worry I mine have an infection!!!!!! So I have booked in to see a doctor tomorrow morning to get checks out I'm not sure if fistulas get bigger and smaller but I never have anything coming out of it thinking back the big lump I had develop in my skin tag the doctor said it was a blood clot I think it was abyss which lead to my fistula I'm just worry I may have another infection :( :( or unless it's just a bit more painful as my toliet was a bit more harder as I have gone down to one movercol insert of 2!!!!
Katie
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 2

Postby Becka456 » 20 Dec 2016, 08:37

For some reason I thought LIS would help with the straining damm! I think I do need to sort that issue out badly! I started to come off the gabapentin because I wanted to know what "real" pain I was in still do you think I should maybe just go back up to stay comfortable? Thanks Hun I'm trying not to let this stop me from doing stuff some days it's so hard x
Becka456
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Becka456 » 20 Dec 2016, 08:40

Katie, no I've never had the pressure testing done and I've had Botox twice... so sorry your in more pain today glad you have got an appointment to get checked out as an infection is the last thing you need Hun! I had an abcess on my fissure that started to lead to a fistula so I'm not sure if you can get another abcess , hopefully it's just a bit sore and not an infection will keep my fingers crossed xx
Becka456
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Mypoorbutt » 20 Dec 2016, 08:46

I think for some people LIS stops the straining especially if your straining to pass because your constipated, I don't think it does if your straining is coming from further up...I only strain when I have explosive diarrhoea, no strain at all to pass a Bristol 3, it could stop your straining straight away if it's from constipation.
Its up to you but once I felt the Botox running out I would def go back on it as you don't want the pain/spasm cycle to set in as that is the worst thing for your fissure and there is no need to be in proper pain...I only take them when my pain is above a 7 as I know that's what's starts the spasms and stops any healing.
Trust me I know exactly where your coming from I spent 6 months just going to work then coming home in agony unable to do any thing other than have sitz baths....even my crohns and IBS haven't had such a huge impact on my quality of life as this fissure x
Mypoorbutt

Postby Katie » 20 Dec 2016, 08:47

Thankyou how long have you had your fissure for? See mine would never heal and i only found out why cos of my op I had in Oct were they found a skin tag up inside was stopping it from ever healing I was so feed up with my fissure pain my doctor write a letter off to the hospital and they pushed me forward and had a cancellation and I got put for my fissurotomy have u had one of these? X
Katie
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 2