Advice

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Advice

Postby UpsyDaisy » 04 Oct 2016, 08:45

First time post
I developed 2 fissures approx 6wks postpartum and have had them for approx 12 weeks now. Initially they were pretty painful but treatment with GTN helped in combination with laxatives. 12 weeks out things are loads better but it seems like I'm healed sometimes for 2-3 weeks and then I appear to retear. Although nowhere near as bad as the initial fissures and it usually feels better within a couple of days. The pain is minimal, sometimes small amount of blood with no spasms. I'm still taking 1/2 a Senna tablet every night and one fybogel sachet per day and BM's are pretty soft but not loose although bulkier then when I was taking more laxatives. I'd like to stop the Senna but am worried about what might happen. Taking loads of laxatives made me feel rotten. I guess my question is I feel like I'm about 90-95% healed but then things go slightly backwards. Will I ever heal fully or will I always be in this cycle and in perpetual fear? Given how mild the symptoms are now I can't imagine being a candidate for surgery (I don't think I'd be brave enough anyway) but I don't want the rest of my life to be preoccupied by this problem. Any suggestions?
UpsyDaisy

Topics: 1

Re: Advice

Postby LemonMan » 10 Oct 2016, 09:04

Hello UpsDaisy, (great name!)

I think people only opt for surgery when everything else fails. Most people don't seem to stay posting forever, so you can guess that they heal up and get on with their lives. Your symptoms sound like a classic case, and fingers crossed you'll eventually fully heal. It does take time though and recurrence is quite high based on the studies I've seen. But the general trend is towards healing over time. The most important thing at your stage is to keep your stools soft I would say. If things don't improve then obviously best see your Doctor.

Good luck, LemonMan
Aug 14: Anal Abscess diagnosed
Dec 15: Anterior Anal Fissure diagnosed
Jan 16: Anoheal - Thought was healed end of Jan
Apr 16: Anoheal - Thought was healed end of May
Sep 16: Fissure back. Started Anoheal again
May 17: Botox and banding - fingers crossed
LemonMan
VIP

Topics: 4