AF Diet/Excercise

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Re: AF Diet/Excercise

Postby cherylk » 09 May 2008, 14:38

I take an acidophilus supplement. Have not tried the other as I take Miralax and try to titrate that. My Mayo GI doc doesn't like me to take a lot of supplements. Sometimes I have a "tailbone" ache, and I am now wondering if it is the sphincter muscle aching/spasming. My Mayo CRS doc feels that most persons with fissures have the internal sphincter problem.
Thanks,
Cheryl
cherylk
VIP

Topics: 46

Postby Guest » 11 May 2008, 07:20

Hi Cheryl,
The Psyllium is supposed to be of benifit for IBS , i have used it lots of times before, i get it from a health shop (Called Regucol-Holland and Barret UK ! ) it has all the good bacteria too:)
It does add bulk to BMS , i am currently taking miralx too but would prefer to take Psyllium ...One day.... heres hoping :)
Last edited by Guest on 11 May 2008, 10:30, edited 1 time in total.

Postby cherylk » 11 May 2008, 07:57

I can ask my Mayo GI doc about it. He is the one that I trust the most since I feel he helped me the most.
Thanks
cherylk
VIP

Postby Guest » 11 May 2008, 10:34

Yes do, Its worth a try if you have not tried it before,
Glad you have a good doctor :)

Postby cherylk » 11 May 2008, 11:04

Tabby,
Yes, I am very thankful for my Mayo GI doc. Could hardly stand it while he himself was on medical leave. I have a couple of more websites with info on two groups that treat hemroids differently. I will try to start a new subject thread for that. Do you not like taking Miralax? You can PM me if you prefer.
Thanks,
Cheryl
cherylk
VIP

Postby Guest » 11 May 2008, 12:33

I am thankful for miralax, i dont know where i would be without it :)
But going back a few years i managed my IBS and fissure no1 with Psyllium, it was only when i thought i had no need to keep up with the diet..DOH !! my IBS came back with Image fissure no2 :(
IBS has to be addressed at all times , i would prefer to take Psyllium over Miralax as i like the natural approach where possible Image
i cannot tolerate bulk at this time and wont rock the boat at this point, i know it is safe to be on miralax longterm so that does not concern me for now :)

Postby cherylk » 11 May 2008, 13:44

Keeping the Miralax at the correct amount is a challenge for me. I try to keep the dosage the same, but things seem to fluctuate from day to day even while not changing the dose. I am assuming that you have IBS-C like I do? What do you feel is most helpful with the diet and what is not helpful? My regular doc feels that Miralax is very safe.
Thanks,
Cheryl
cherylk
VIP

Postby Guest » 11 May 2008, 14:49

I think its is best to stick with the same dose, esp as miralax takes a couple of days to work,
I take 1 sachet every evening and work hard with my diet too....
IBS - Constipation ? Yes i do, what i find helps diet wise is avoiding dairy , red meat , white bread is a no no for me , everything white is brown :roll:
I have bad flare ups of IBS usually in times of stress i know when it is flaring up now ...Expert Image
Diet really is the most important thing finding what works for your body, that and a whole lot of water:) it is hard work....
Deep breathing really helps to de stress my tummy, it is so painful when it flares up so i breath ...I know this is my body telling me i need to take a step back, and look after myself :roll:
I recommend acidophilus and the psysilim this worked for me but every IBS sufferer is different.......

Postby val » 12 May 2008, 00:56

Tabby, where did you find miralax in the UK? I thought it was just a US medicine?
val
King Fissure

Topics: 86

Postby Fissulyna » 12 May 2008, 01:07

Oh gosh - I feel such a freak - it looks like I am the only one here that never had constipation, IBS or similar and still got a fissure Image :(
Fissulyna
VIP

Topics: 61