ahhhhh!

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Re: ahhhhh!

Postby Corsi » 27 Aug 2008, 12:30

I feel sorry for you juney, it is so terrible when BMs are like that. When I am having my passing glass periods I wake up early in the morning and just wait for the horror show to begin Image
Have you tried Xylocain gel to ease the pain when you are having a BM? I have used a lot of it.
Are you having BMs in the morning? Does your pain go away during the day? (mine has always been better in the evenings).
What do you eat that causes your liquid BM? I agree, it is almost as bad as constipation and it stings like hell!!!
Take care juney Image
Corsi
King Fissure

Topics: 18

Postby juney » 27 Aug 2008, 12:39

it's ok corsi, i've been dealing with this butt problem for so long i try not to let it control my life anymore. i've been waking up an extra hour early for over a year now. i go to the bathroom as soon as i wake up, usually i drink some water to get it going. then i use the enema my dr recommended to clean things out, have a warm shower, dry off, and get on with my day. :) if i go a 2nd time during the day, i hop in a warm bath right after....if i happen to be at home. the pain usually lasts all day, but it's not spasming pain and never has been. it just plain hurts.
i've been taking MOM everyday for 9 months now and that's what causes the liquid bms.
i'm so used to my life being like this, that for the most part i can control my emotions. sometimes it really gets to me and i want to scream and cry and wonder why i've been cursed like this. for the moment, i'm ok though. :D
juney
King Fissure

Topics: 36

Postby Corsi » 28 Aug 2008, 00:35

I know what you speak of juney. Should you reduce the MOM? Take care of yourself!!!!
Corsi
King Fissure

Postby Guest » 28 Aug 2008, 06:42

You are incredibly strong and your time is coming to be healed from all of this. There is no reason why you won't get better this time. I use the MOM too like Juney because if I have any formed stool it opens up with incision site. I know someday I will have to try to cut back but not until that area is truly healed and strong enough to take impact from a bm. It isn't ideal I am sure but I do what I have to do to try to get through the day.

Good luck, girls! Things are going to get better!

Postby juney » 28 Aug 2008, 09:00

i've been reducing the MOM from 1 tablespoon to 1/2 a night. i've also started taking 1/2 a teaspoon of benefiber. i think that's what 's been giving me the formed BMs. since i'm so not used to anything but liquid, it feels like it's ripping everyday. my dr wants me to try and have formed BMs after surgery, so i'm trying to start early. it's just such a delicate balance. Image
lecia - thank you for the encouragment! Image and i think it's fine to keep using MOM everyday, as long as it keeps you comfortable! in fact, even when i do heal, i'll probably still rely on it every so often
juney
King Fissure

Postby Guest » 28 Aug 2008, 17:32

Juney!
Good Luck with your surgery. Hang in there. I still use Colace. Do what ever you need to do to help yourself heal. I will be thinking of you. Keep up with the warm baths I think those helped me alot just to relax.
Take care,
Patty

Postby Corsi » 29 Aug 2008, 01:22

juney wrote: it's just such a delicate balance. Image

That's for sure! I have been eating the exact same thing each and every day for such a long time now because the consistency is "good".
One gets fed up with the fissure diet .....
Good luck juney Image
Corsica
Corsi
King Fissure

Postby juney » 02 Sep 2008, 18:44

hi everyone! just wanted to post real quick...i'm actually on vacation in Yellowstone this week. still scheduled for surgery on Monday, but i'm feeling GREAT the past week. normal sized, formed BMs and next to no pain. i've been hiking all day, eating whatever i want, and feeling so good. i'm just taking a little benefiber each day along w/ some MOM and 2 stool softeners. i'm so scared of surgery next week...i hope i'm not making a mistake! i know this happens a lot, the fissure devil seems to be okay right before surgery..... but i also know it's prone to "hiding" for awhile and then reappearing right when we think it's healed. so i'm gonna go ahead w/ the surgery. i'm nervous though, since fissy and jen seem to be having some issues.... why do the stupid fissures always behave this way?? i'm happy for no pain now, but it makes the surgery decision so much harder!
anyway, thinking of you all and hoping everyone's well! :)
juney
King Fissure

Postby happyass » 02 Sep 2008, 19:10

have a lovely time juney.
i am so glad you are feeling really good and that you are able to enjoy your time there.
keep up the good work and this little getaway will be so good for your surgery date too, as your body is more relaxed and put your body in a good position to accept the surgery much more positively.
happyass
King Fissure

Topics: 74

Postby Guest » 02 Sep 2008, 19:27

Tough decision for sure. It happened to me too before my hemorrhoid surgery. Glad you are having a great time and living it up! Image

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion