Almost healed fissure

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Almost healed fissure

Postby Cinderella » 26 Mar 2007, 04:22

I think my fissure is almost healed. :bouncy:
However I still have some problems. I have kept record of my symptons and in two last months I have had four painful days and I have been forced to take only one painkiller in last two months. I think that is very well.
Like the others I do not feel any spasms and I have never felt them. Nowadays I do not usually have any pain during BM but I can feel my fissure during BM but the feeling is not pain. Around the day I can feel that I have something extra in my bott but as I said is not pain or itch, it is not a bad or painful feeling. Is it normal to feel the fissura or is the scar what I am feeling? Should that last for long time? Then I also feel stretch in the scar. I think this is a good sign because it means that the scar has become stronger and does not re-tear so easily. Am I right?
Anyway I have a new problem I think my spincher muscle is too tight. However I have had this problem even before the fissure but it is worse now. My bowels are always very small slices and quite often I have to BM two times a day because it is hard to get everything out and I am not constipated. It is hard to explain but hopefully you will understand. I can copy with this but I am just wondering can this cause some harm? Sometimes I think that the surgery could easier my life with this problem but I think it is not good idea now when I feel that my fissure has almost healed.
Cinderella
Salt Bather

Topics: 13

Re: Almost healed fissure

Postby Deleted User 5 » 26 Mar 2007, 06:22

You are describing my "aftermath" almost exactly. It felt like there was a big scar or mass in my butt.
THAT went away. I'm sure your's will too.
I also can't seem to empty at one sitting. And my stools are often very slender, almost like pencils. But not always. Yesterday they were large and smooth. But they are soft and non-constipated.
I'm assuming that over time the slender BMs will change. It's only been three months for me.
But overall it sounds like your *progress* is very similar to mine.
Methinks you're gonna be OK!
Kim
Deleted User 5

Postby Guest » 26 Mar 2007, 09:59

Your progress sounds very promising! I am so happy that you are improving so well!
When my wound from the hemorrhoid surgery was healing it felt the same way as the skin was shrinking back down.
I have been told that my sphincter muscle is very tight. In fact, I started having problems after my last baby was born. I was given the same cream you are on to help relax it as well as small doses of valium to help relax the muscle. My doctor also told me to take 3 baths a day. I thought that was crazy because who has times to take even 1 bath a day with a new baby! But it will help if you can manage it.
I think for me my muscle was so cramped and tight when giving birth it had a hard time relaxing after going through contractions and delivery. Of course I have some other pelvic issues that made the delivery difficult plus I was in so much pain from hemorrhoids too.
I had problems with finishing a bowel movement too. I never felt like I was done. That improved with time and is much better now.
Glad to hear the good report!
Lecia

Postby happyass » 27 Mar 2007, 05:52

over time your sphincter muscle will get a little more "carefree" when you learn/adapt to really relax at taking a BM.
i can totally notice the difference now from using the squat method and not associating pain when going to the toilet to BM anymore that my sphincter is more cooperative, more relaxed, and not tense and tightening in order to cautiously avoid tearing.
yes, i do exercise some restraint and try not to crap out BMs like bombs out of a lit cannon, but the big difference is that i am more relaxed and not apprehensive and not full of anxiety that my sphincter and overall elimination is more relaxed and less anxious.
this will come in time and it will be more noticeable when you have a month or two of very pain free BMs.
just like we can train our muscles to get strong and then not so strong, we can also train our sphincter. but the sphincter muscle is more like a cat's brain (no insult intended to us cat lovers) but it will only pay attention when it wants too :-)
in other words, we have two muscles down there - one is involuntary and the other voluntary. so we can train 50% to be relaxed and only hope that the other 50% will follow.
good luck :-)
happyass
King Fissure

Topics: 74

Postby Cheryl » 05 Apr 2007, 20:22

Your descriptions sound very similar to what i went thru... btw CONGRATS on healing :cheer: this is fantastic news!!
I have usually 2 slender BM's a day too, i have found since when i had the LIS in OCT 06, it has been getting easier just takes time.
I can still feel my fissure 'area' - definitely not as much as when i first had the op, but i can still feel where it is or was! It does not hurt though.
I keep everything crossed for you for a full recovery :cheer: Image
Cheryl
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 22

Postby Guest » 05 Aug 2007, 11:54

Its my 4th day of almost no pain but i can feel that probably there is a scar in my ass. Is it normal? Am i improving? or am i healing? Any suggestions?

Postby happyass » 05 Aug 2007, 19:24

hi AF,
let's just say you are moving in the right direction.
i don't remember if you had LIS or not, but it's very common to feel like there is a scar on/in your ass.
i would say keep the area clean, continue to do what you are doing, and use baby wipes. blow dry your butt after shower and put on some moisturizer like palmers cocoa butter with vitamin e.
good luck.
happyass
King Fissure

Topics: 74